Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
08 commander limited 5.7 quadtrac 2
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
08 commander limited 5.7
Getting a very noticeable vibration in the whole car almost like I have a flat tire.
Only happens at highway speeds (65 or greater)
Is NOT constant. It's completely randomly when it happens. And happens suddenly not gradually.

As soon as I pull off the highway and slow down the noise stops and I can then start driving again and it won't come back till later, or a few days, or weeks.
Like I said completely random.

Anyone had something similar happen?
I'm thinking maybe the calipers?
I've never been too good with suspension and braking systems so I honestly don't know where to start poking around.

Thanks in advanced.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you "feel" it in the steering wheel or the body of the truck
More in the body, I can first feel it in the pedals and then the whole car starts shaking the longer I go without stopping the more powerful the shaking vibrating becomes. I checked all my lugs they are tight as possible.

· Registered
11 Posts
I recently had an issue with my drive shaft. When I went above 20 mph, the truck would shake lightly at first but within a week it got violent at Highway speeds, I had to shut the car off at 45 miles an hour because I didn’t believe I would make it home. I drove home at about 25 miles an hour for about an hour.

It was the drive shaft. it you’re hearing clunking check the U-Joint. If your just shaking as you accelerate change the entire shaft, or have it rebuilt. You would need a lift to check it throughly.

· Registered
33 Posts
I have a similar issue but the shuddering only happens under slight acceleration above 80 km/h. Feels like it is coming through the pedals and transmission. But nothing while cruising!!
I have since found the front wheel hubs to have a rattle when the wheel is off. Waiting for the new hubs to arrive this Friday and once fitted I will report back.
Not sure if this is a relevant problem, but thought to add my 2 cents.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll have my mechanic check those out for me, I'm not very savvy when it comes to non engine issues unfortunately lol thanks for the suggestions.

· Registered
2 Posts
08 commander limited 5.7
Getting a very noticeable vibration in the whole car almost like I have a flat tire.
Only happens at highway speeds (65 or greater)
Is NOT constant. It's completely randomly when it happens. And happens suddenly not gradually.

As soon as I pull off the highway and slow down the noise stops and I can then start driving again and it won't come back till later, or a few days, or weeks.
Like I said completely random.

Anyone had something similar happen?
I'm thinking maybe the calipers?
I've never been too good with suspension and braking systems so I honestly don't know where to start poking around.

Thanks in advanced.
Mine used to do that. ended up replacing the front drive shaft. The slip yoke was worn and would get out of balance when traveling.at higher rates of speed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts