Jeep Commander Forum banner

Vibration in front end

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  07JeepXK 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just got an 2006 Commander V8 4.7. thanks for the forum its a great tool I've learned alot about the truck here.

I am having a front end vibration, not everytime I slow down for stop light/ sign or whatever, but enough to realize there is an issue. I have noticed if I give it a little gas and then slow down it goes away... Last weekend I installed a 2" spacer to the frontend to level it out. Everything went on fine but this was my first time doing this.

Do I need to have the truck realigned now that I have the spacer on? It drove fine before this... granted I only had it for 3 days before I put the spacer on.

Also is the differential supposed to try to engage on rough pavement bumps in the road or is there away to turn it off.

Thanks for your help, k

#2 · (Edited)
Yes you definitely need a front end alignment now. Anytime you add lift to an independant front suspension you should go get an alignment right away. If not you will cup the hell out of your tires. My bet is an alignement might fix the vibration. Also what your refering to with the differential engaging might be the traction control kicking in due to the alignment being off. Make sure to retorque all bolts/nuts after a few hundred miles.

#4 ·
Not a problem!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.