Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to the Commander almost 5 months.

I have a 2007 3.0 CRD at 87000KM (54000 Miles).

On the highway when I am at or above 130 km/h (80 miles/h) the commander starts making vibrations that you feel the car is not happy. When I reduce to 120 Km/h ( 74 miles/h) it is smooth again.

I will be going to service soon and just wanted to check if this is a known issue?

Your input is appreciated. Especially the diesel users.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
This is most likely a tire or wheel issue. Maybe out of balance ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All whells have been lately balaced acually and I changed 2 wheels with new ones last month. It is the same situation actually. The ride is a bit smoother but that's all.

I am using Goodyear HP All weather by the way.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Can you post a pic of your wheels ? I want to see if they are the ones that have to be balanced on a special machine. Many members here have had a problem like yours and it was because the wheels were not properly balanced.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the pics

By the way I have the tire pressure sensors also if this is important.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Those are not the chrome clad wheels that require special balancing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did receive my 90000KM(49800miles) maintenance today.

I told about the vibration issue and they also said it is a balance problem.

After the maintenance and balance we went for a check ride and the problem was solved.

The tires were balanced by a Goodyear dealer 20 days ago but interestingly today the Jeep maintenance said the tires' balance was terrible before.

Interesting story isn't it ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same Problem

I have had my wheels balanced my the dealer and a tire shop, changed nothing! I have a 06 LTD 5.7 ect ect, I have the chrome wheels, what is "special balancing"?

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I have had my wheels balanced my the dealer and a tire shop, changed nothing! I have a 06 LTD 5.7 ect ect, I have the chrome wheels, what is "special balancing"?
They must be balanced with a machine that uses "fingers" that fit in the lug holes. It will not balance and will damage the wheel if you use a machine that uses the center hole. The most common machine for correct balancing is the Hunter Road Force machine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re:

Thanks, turns out all the Jeep dealers in town here have them but the one I took it to, figures! Will try doing it again.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
I have chrome clad wheels, when I took it to Jeep dealer for new TPMS sensors under warentee work they could not get them balanced. They took them to a tire dealer here in town and they couldn't do it right either. They said live with it - aren't dealers wonderfull? Took them to the tire place 40 miles away that had originally installed the tires and they rebalanced them for free - correctly balanced at that. All this in 2010 - they all should know by now, but guess not, about having to balance them by the lug mounts and with the chrome on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts