Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first trip to Tuttle Creek in Kansas with my new Commander.
It did some amazing things. I found parts of that place I did not even know where there because I could finally get to them.

(this video is also posted on mygarage)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q44HP_TBdvw

·
Registered
362 Posts
Great video. Makes me wanna see what my similar 2010 can do!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Wow, its really great movie you made ,,, Quadr-Drive II is really great system and much much better that Quadra-Trac-II which I had in my first Commander, it gives the same performance of two diff locks. its really steep hills you gone through.

last weekend my frind in his Land Cruiser tried to climp a steep hill with big ditches on the way, he could not pass the ditches even with his rear diff-lock. when I tried it I just went all they way up easily.

Have you ever tried to test 0-60 MPH time with your improved HEMI ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice 4 wheelin'! Great video! Nice video transitions. Too bad mine's a daily driver. I'd love to do that!:bowdown:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did the speed test when it was stock.it was OMG fast!I havnt done it now with all the mods.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I did the speed test when it was stock.it was OMG fast!I havnt done it now with all the mods.
Have you measures the time?

·
Registered
266 Posts
good vid!...We have no organised trails around here but we do have tons of bush and mountains

·
Registered
233 Posts
real great video !!
thank you for sharing :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great video! Is that plastic saran wrap you used to protect from scratches?
Yup....
I was waiting to see how long it was before that was mentioned.
I have been trying to figure out a way to get fewer scratches....especially since this rig has about 3500 miles and has (had) a perfect paint setup. My last XK wasnt so shiny and nicely colored so i just let things happen....but I kind of wanted to find the balance between some fairly rugged off roading, yet still keeping it looking good. I tested plastic wrap and it worked pretty well. it wont stop really sharp branches. I got a few scratches, but it saved a lot of them. NEXT time i am going to use the large pallet wrapping. It will be thicker and cover more area.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Nice HEMI ped. I can see by your vid your lovin the abilities of the HEMI & QD2 system. Makes you feel like your driving a tank on the trails. I always felt it was the perfect powertrain combo for the XK. Loose the plastic wrap...

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
wow! who knew there were trees and bumps in Kansas! Cool video - and neat to see this is your second XK.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts