Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a Viper 560XV alarm with remote start installed in my 06 Commander. The shop where I took it told me that everything worked except the flashing of the parking lights when the remote starter is activated. Turns out none of the lights flash when the alarm is triggered, just the siren. I called the shop and told them the problem and they told me that Viper alarms can't control the flashing of the lights when the alarm is triggered in any 06 and 07 Commanders and Cherokees because of the CANBUS system. Strangely the parking lights do flash when I arm and disarm the system. Does anyone know if I need some type of bypass.

Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
My DEI (whatever brand they used at the time) continually flashes the parking lights when the engine is running due to remote start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. They didn't hook up the wires for the parking lights because of the flashing caused by the remote start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
meatball, I had the same problem with the doors locking. My install guy just activated double pulse so the computer repeats the unlock/lock a fraction of a sec later. Always works now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts