Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used Volant stuff in my other vehicles, and freinds trucks, they make top knotch stuff, HIGH quality, and custom match the intake and exhaust systems. Unfortunately, they only make the airbox for the SRT.

How about a bunch of us e-mail then and request they develop systems for the Grand Cherokee and Commander, 4.7 and 5.7 Hemi.

Here is the link to their site. http://www.volantperformance.com/index2.asp?hbval=2

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Volant

Volant lists a CAI kit/box for the SRT Grand Cherokee. I'm pretty sure that the box will fit in place due to the WK & XK sharing the engine bay, but the plumbing from the Box outlet to the Engine will need to be adjusted and the airflow sensor fitted. Has anyone tried this? Volant stuff is a bit more expensive than others but is super high quality. I used to mess around with the Intercooler/s on my SAABs and used some high temp silicone intake plumbing so I imagine making new plumbing from the box to intake wouldnt be a big deal. Has anyone tried this or something similar?

I wonder if the 6.1 in the has the same Intake hookup point as the 5.7 Hemi?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Volant 3.7L Intake Works?

Volant makes a 3.7L Liberty CAI, wondering if it will work with the commander? Part number
Product #: 27637
Jeep Liberty
I'm assuming it will work just wondering if anyone has one.

·
Registered
735 Posts
this actually will not fit.

well let me corret that. it will fit just not the way you want to the engien bay on a liberty and width of the liberty is alot smaller then the commander there for the fill will not sit in the area of the filter now it will be closer to the engien. I purchased a 3.7l intake for a liberty and i had to add an additional tube to extend the length so that it was actually where teh old air box was at.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'll probably end up having to do the same then. Do you know the degree bend coming off of the throttle body and then into the (70-85deg?) bend towards the stock airbox? And what is the diameter needed to pair a pipe up to the throttle body? I have a TBS on and the rectangular fill box is a pain to get on/off because of the sway bar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts