Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my friend were installing a mono amp and a sub into my 06 commander and for some reason after we hooked everything up the sub was working but it wouldn't respond to the volume when i turned the speakers up and down. has anyone else run into this problem? also we think it might be the fact that we didn't consider the stock amp that supposedly comes with the system. everyone says its in the cargo area be hind the D side panel or something like that... could someone elaborate on that please, cause i don't know where that is or how to gain access!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Yes it is behind that panel. If you pull the cup holder out you should be able to access the amp. Don't know much about how to wire it up. I would like to know how you end up getting it to work. I always wanted to add a sub. This is the only pic I have ever seen of the cup holder removed I guess you just pull on it to pop it out.

Adondo posted the pic.

Looks like there is a few tabs around the edge that hold it in.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Do you have the nav sys?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i dont have the nav system. but thanks for that pic because thats where i thought it was but i didnt wanna start ripping stuff off because it seems like a strange place for an amp. but im gonna hopfully finish the job this week. ill let you know how we bypass the amp or whatever we end up doing if we are successful.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Not sure but I thought that only the nav systems had the amp. I could be wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts