Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start by apologizing if this is a thread somewhere else. I looked for 15 minutes before starting this.

I have an 07 Commander Sport without rear A/C, heat, etc. I want step bars, but I see them online listed for a Jeep Commander W/Rear Air. Is there really a difference? I'm assuming there is, but I either can't find ones that say without Rear Air, or they just don't say. Before I go ahead and buy them online, I want to know if anyone has experienced this?

What I really would like are chrome Mopar or Westin oval tube steps.

Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
14,913 Posts
I'll start by apologizing if this is a thread somewhere else. I looked for 15 minutes before starting this.

I have an 07 Commander Sport without rear A/C, heat, etc. I want step bars, but I see them online listed for a Jeep Commander W/Rear Air. Is there really a difference? I'm assuming there is, but I either can't find ones that say without Rear Air, or they just don't say. Before I go ahead and buy them online, I want to know if anyone has experienced this?

What I really would like are chrome Mopar or Westin oval tube steps.

Thanks for the help!
Yes, there is a difference. The A/C lines for the rear air run underneath the Commander on the passenger side. There have been some threads on here before about this. It has to do with the way the step bars mount on that side.

·
Super Moderator
14,913 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Jeep5253...

Having read that, it leaves me with the question - does this mean a Commander without air should be able to accept any nerf bars meant for the Jeep, thus making it more universal than Jeep's with rear air?

I just ordered a set an hour ago, and when speaking with three seperate dealers, I specifically told them about this and none of the manufacturers made any special notes... and was told by all three that it didn't matter - I knew it did, but I figured that because I didn't have the rear air, I didn't need to allow for any special brackets (for spacing).

I sure hope they fit!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts