Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order for my RR lift a couple day's after buying my Commander, that was almost a month ago and still no lift. I've talked with RR and they are currently backordered, he thought they would ship last week but nothing yet.

So, here's the questions - do I wait or go with something else? I've got a trip coming up here in a few weeks and would like to have it installed and get it to the shop for an alignment.

If I go with another spacer lift, what is your guy's recommendation?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
i'm using the TerraFlex spacer lift, it works fine for me. If you have the cash, I'd go with the OEM springs & shocks, they ride better and have more flex.

·
Registered
133 Posts
He means ome...

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I think all the 2 inch budget lifts are about the same and people are generally happy with their choices. OME has some advantages in that you can get heavier springs whereas the 2 inch budget lifts have the advantage of keeping the ride the same. I like the Rusty's lift I have. If whatever lift you order has the option of rear shocks, I recommend against them. Keep the stock shocks or go for Bilsteins.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If money isnt an issue id say go with the OME Lift (Old Man Emu). If you dont plan on spending that much go with a any of the lifts that use steel spacer.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I had a similar issue when ordering a part from RR a couple months ago. When I had called for my long overdue part the person told me that they were having trouble getting parts because of the slow economy. On the second phone call I was told that the economy had slowed production and the parts were on back order from the manufacturer. So I contacted the manufacturer an there was no back order for them. After telling RR this the parts were shipped direct from the manufacturer and arrived days later. I don't want to speak for RR or put them down but it seems that they may be slow because times are tight for them. They make a great product and I trust their work but their customer service seems to have gone down lately.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well that is good to know. In the interest of time and wanting the Commander to be lifted before headed down to the Smokey Mountains in early June, I think I'll cancel my order and pick up one of the other 2" spacer lifts.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Go for a kit that has a steel front and rear spacer as 07 has recommended. I think the BDS has a steel rear spacer but I am not sure. Confirmation anyone?

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I don't know about the bds, but the rough country lift is steel front and rear.
Plus the Rough Country kit levels the vehicle, which is nice since I don't care for the factory raked look.

I tried both the Rough Country and the Rock Krawler. The RC kit is staying on my Commander.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts