Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an '08 commander this evening. I incorrectly assumed that the 3rd row was under the cargo liner like I had read. I cannot even get the cargo liner to lift. I have 4 little boys and I HAVE to have that third row. I traded my expedition in for this vehicle so I cannot take my family of 6 anywhere.

I live in Clarksville TN. Please if you have something in a reasonable distance at a fair price I'm interested. I have charcoal colored seats but I'm not being picky.

Thanks All!!

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
You will need more than just the seat, you need someone who can remove their whole set up and sell/trade you the seat belts and everything. If you were out west I would do it.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will need more than just the seat, you need someone who can remove their whole set up and sell/trade you the seat belts and everything. If you were out west I would do it.
The seat belts aren't attached to the seats? That's what I read online :(

I would need the latch and the d pillar trim also, correct?

How far out west?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
The seat belts aren't attached to the seats? That's what I read online :(

I would need the latch and the d pillar trim also, correct?

How far out west?
The seat belts do attache to the seats, but the seat latch that keeps the seats from folding in on you in case of an accident attach to the d pillar.

I am in Arizona

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
It is cool that you are trying to do this, the third row seat is a great plus for families, I think I used mine once in 6 years and would love to swap parts but the distance is the killer.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's not so much the distance for me but my one son has a brain tumor so I cannot take him on that type of road trip at this point in his treatment.

I would gladly swap it all out. The dealership tried to tell me they would just exchange a minivan for my jeep since they made the mistake. How nice of them to offer to make me pay for a vehicle I didn't want. They refuse to pay to have the seat installed. They sold it to me as a 7 passenger. It's causing me just a hint of stress:icon_puke:

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
They sold it to me as a 7 passenger. It's causing me just a hint of stress:icon_puke:
If you have any paperwork that indicates a 7 seater they will have to take it back.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do indeed have the proof. They acknowledged they made the mistake but have no other jeeps to offer me. They sold my expedition the very next morning. They have no other commanders, my financing went through the day I bought it and they deposited my down payment. I just want to fix it for my boys. I will do whatever I can on my own within my means.

·
Super Moderator
14,957 Posts
Have you tried local salvage yards ?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I do indeed have the proof. They acknowledged they made the mistake but have no other jeeps to offer me. They sold my expedition the very next morning. They have no other commanders, my financing went through the day I bought it and they deposited my down payment. I just want to fix it for my boys. I will do whatever I can on my own within my means.
I would contact your local TV station, most have a team that helps people who have been wronged and run a short story about it. The business give in quickly as it is in their best interest and your story tugs at the heart string because of the health issue of the child involved.

The dealer should find you a Commander locally that meets your need at no additional costs to you and they will if pressured to do the wright thing.

Year ago I did the same thing when my daughters mp3 player broke within a week and they refused to warranty it. She ended up with an upgraded model and extras at no cost to her (she was 12).

·
Super Moderator
14,957 Posts
I have and I will continue to. I also found a guy on ebay who gave me a number to call on Monday. Fingers crossed!
If you find one make the dealership you bought your XK from pay for it and install it. And don't forget you are going to need the D-pillar trim and latches. What color is your interior ?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would contact your local TV station, most have a team that helps people who have been wronged and run a short story about it. The business give in quickly as it is in their best interest and your story tugs at the heart string because of the health issue of the child involved.

The dealer should find you a Commander locally that meets your need at no additional costs to you and they will if pressured to do the wright thing.

Year ago I did the same thing when my daughters mp3 player broke within a week and they refused to warranty it. She ended up with an upgraded model and extras at no cost to her (she was 12).

I think that's a good idea. I will definitely consider that as a viable option. It would be really nice if they fixed it. I just don't know how that would work with my vehicle being financed.

That's an awesome victory for your daughter!!

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you find one make the dealership you bought your XK from pay for it and install it. And don't forget you are going to need the D-pillar trim and latches. What color is your interior ?
They loosely agreed to pay for it but refuse to handle the installation. I'm 5' tall and asked them how the heck am I suppose to wrestle this seat and everything else. The used sales manager shrugged and walked away. I just need to find it all first and then strong arm them.

My interior is dark slate gray

·
Super Moderator
14,957 Posts
They loosely agreed to pay for it but refuse to handle the installation. I'm 5' tall and asked them how the heck am I suppose to wrestle this seat and everything else. The used sales manager shrugged and walked away. I just need to find it all first and then strong arm them.

My interior is dark slate gray
Cloth or leather seats ? I will keep my eyes open. By the way, there is no way you can install that seat yourself because it weighs about 150 lbs.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts