Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place for this thread, but I figured it would attract the most pertinent attention here.

It is both a warning and an asked favor.

I had my taillights tinted by a shop in Centennial, Colorado called Smokey's Lights. I found them online, bought the lights from them, but had them paint my custom scheme. Extremely pleased with the results; glass smooth, color-matched, and precise lines. So when I got around to getting my front turns done to match I naturally contacted their shop again. Talked about my design, got a quote, bought some lights off eBay and had them shipped out there, and last I heard the lights were taped off and ready to be painted in the morning. That was two weeks ago. Since then I've gotten no email response, their web site is down, eBay store gone, and phone number (found through PayPal) sounds like a fax number. So the warning is not to do buisness with this shop (I don't know how you would now anyways), and the favor is that if anyone sees a set of tinted XK headlights/turns for sale anywhere if you would let me know so I can get my lights back.

·
Banned
277 Posts
I'm in Centennial, CO right now... I'll snoop around and see if I can figure out if this place exists...

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Airdog, that'd be awesome. I'd like to think that he just dropped his phone (and computer) in the toilet or that his great aunt came down with dysentery, but at my core I don't expect much to surface, so don't spend too much time and energy on it. I just can't figure out what great benefit he would get from a set of used XK headlights (especially when I haven't paid for painting yet). But for what it's worth the address I sent stuff to was 7533 S Rosemary Cir. Thanks again for your help.

·
Banned
277 Posts
That address is about 8 blocks away from where I am right now...at work. By Google satellite photos, it looks residential, but maybe he runs a shop out his garage or something. PM me all your contact info that you placed the order with, the date you shipped the lights, and maybe any tracking info to go with it. If I happen to talk to the guy, I'd have some info to go off of...stay tuned.

·
2,248 Posts
Live video from Centennial Colorado:

We got the place surrounded....there are Cops in the back yard.

Two black helicopters are circling overhead.

The SWAT team from Denver is just minutes away.

All the residents for two block around have been evacuated.

A specially trained bloodhound is on the way. This dog has been trained in the detection of headlight plastic even if disquised by the smell of drugs.

Stay tuned for developments................

·
Banned
277 Posts
Haha that's right Huey. Comin' in hot! Watch out!

Nah, I don't plan on actually approaching the guy...just want to see if his so called "business" still exists...and go from there.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Huey, I like your approach, especially the plastics dog (Jimmy?).

Airdog, I just sent you a PM with all my info, and tons of thanks.

·
2,248 Posts
Well is sounds like our man on the spot "Airdog625" has it under control. Maybe he will set up live survellance to prevent the turn signals from sneaking out under cover of darkness. I do not know about you guys, but I can't wait for this standoff to end, hopefully without loss of life or light output.

·
2,248 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...hopefully without loss of life or light output.
Actually, we are hoping for some loss of light. The goal is a dark color-matched black with only the reflector strips left amber. But I do concur with the preservation of life.

·
Banned
277 Posts
Haha. Thanks for the heads-up Huey. He wasn't joking...there actually was tornado warning. The lights probably slipped right past me...

·
2,248 Posts
NSA view from Sat Ultra764 of 7533 S Rosemary Circle, Centennial, CO.

Police and Swat team removed from picture to avoid disclosing their location to possible plastic perps.

·
2,248 Posts
By the use of top secret imaging technology that allows us to see plastic thru other materials, we have found your plastic turn signals. They are located in the large shop building on the left side of the classified image sitting on a shelf in the right rear corner.

Wait the image is moving around. Sometimes we have trouble in telling the difference between poly methyl methatcrolate and silicon. Given the proximatity..oops proximity and swaying movement of the objects new interpretation leans toward them being breast implants. We will keep looking for your turn signals.

·
2,248 Posts
update:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
... Given the proximatity and swaying movement of the objects new interpretation leans toward them being breast implants...
How much more can this top secret imaging technology zoom in? :)

Thanks for the humor, Huey.

·
2,248 Posts

·
Banned
277 Posts
Alright Kansas, it's all good. I drove by, decided to just go up and knock on the door and talk to the guy. He was really nice about everything, said he's been sick for the past week or so, and that he took down the website to change the name. Still in business though, and he actually showed me your lights, they looked pretty good. He said he still had to spray the clear, and thought he could have them shipped on Monday. I told him he should contact you and give you an update, and he agreed, so we'll see if he emails you back this time or not.

Huey, fortunately no tactical team was necessary, just a friendly knock on the door. Hope this helps, have a good night guys.

·
2,248 Posts
Good Job Airdog625. I knew that you would come thru. I guess the first rules of engagement are to knock on the door first.

I did have a little fun with this thread. I mostly did it for Lee, She laughed most of the day.

BTW the turn signals were in the big building right?

In the words of Dubya Bush.....Mission Accomplished

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Unbelievable! I can't believe how this turned out, and in such a short amount of time. Helicopters, tornadoes, breast implants, and blacked out lights... what a crazy day.

Airdog, I really appreciate your help- if you ever need anything from Lawrence, KS be sure to look me up.

Edit: I guess I will retract my previous statement not to do business with the shop. Will post pics when the lights come in too.

·
Banned
277 Posts
No problem Kansas, and thanks for the offer, I'll keep that in mind. Have a good one.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts