Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking the truck in tonight for the vibrating fan problem. Service dept. is telling me they have no loaner vehicles. I'm thinking they have a whole damn lot of loaners.

If I were going in for scheduled maintenance I wouldn't expect a loaner but i'm taking it in because I can't run my A/C and it's 90 degrees outside and the car has 3500 miles on it. Am I wrong in expecting them to give me something to drive while they fix a defective vehicle that I purchased from them?

Duppy

·
Registered
192 Posts
Somewhat wrong! It is entirely up to the dealer. Even my Cadillac dealer does not provide a loaner, but some do. That would be among things to check out BEFORE the purchase.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you happened to purchase the MaxCare warranty, that will provide for a loaner any time it is in for service/maintenance at the dealership.

·
Registered
274 Posts
If they told you initially, your sunk. Our dealer had an excellent loaner program when we bought our 1st 02 Grand Cherokee, we got a GC loaner when we brought it in for warranty. Then they saw the bill of they had to pay yearly. They switched to Enterprise Rental who SUCK!:mad: It's hard to get a loaner even when you have an appointment. Then we get a van or truck. O well, at least we have a bunch of Jeep's that have had to have very few warranty trips to the stealer!:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
we get free oil changes for life (or maybe it's 50k) and free loaners for 50k miles...for any service/maintenance. fair oaks jeep in chantilly for those of you in the DC area.

pretty happy so far...took it in for a sticking sunroof and got a grand cherokee loaner..not bad if you ask me.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My dealer offers loaners (usually Dodge Stratus) but since my work place is so close to his dealership and if the work is for a day or less he will shuttle me to work and back which makes it nice. The funny thing is they too tried Enterprise and it went so badly that he got back into his own loaner cars.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Duppy, I would demand they give you a car!

Here we go again, I guess. I previously owned a Gr. Cher (had the ex. warr. which provided for a car) and it was always a long drawn out process to get the rental...I am coming from a Cadillac SRX and the service has been excellent and the dealer here in Oklahoma has a rental company inside their dealership - it was never a problem getting a car and they always offered me one.

Do I really want to order that '07 Commander?

If you buy the extended 7 yr - 100,000 warranty, I wonder if it is stated that you get a rental? Still then, I bet it is a long process to actually get in the rental.

What to do? Sigh...Does anyone else here in Oklahoma have any service recommendations? I am not sure I will ever use Bob Moore Chrysler (on N.W. Expressway) again.

Thanks.

Leslee

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can fix that vibration yourself. 15min two screws then three star screws remove the butal tape stuck to the fan(loose piece in dash) and put back together. done. I read this fix here after my jeep dash started vibrating. easy my eight year old can do it. The fan is on the pass side of truck. Remove cover on the uder side of dash and there is the fan.

·
Registered
261 Posts
kicker308 said:
You can fix that vibration yourself. 15min two screws then three star screws remove the butal tape stuck to the fan(loose piece in dash) and put back together. done. I read this fix here after my jeep dash started vibrating. easy my eight year old can do it. The fan is on the pass side of truck. Remove cover on the uder side of dash and there is the fan.
x2. I checked it out myself. Easy fix.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mango~Ridge said:
If they told you initially, your sunk. Our dealer had an excellent loaner program when we bought our 1st 02 Grand Cherokee, we got a GC loaner when we brought it in for warranty. Then they saw the bill of they had to pay yearly. They switched to Enterprise Rental who SUCK!:mad: It's hard to get a loaner even when you have an appointment. Then we get a van or truck. O well, at least we have a bunch of Jeep's that have had to have very few warranty trips to the stealer!:D
My guess is you bought it from Joe J., as did I! And yes Enterprise does suck! But thats all this town has to offer. I happen to be on my second rental this week go figure. Mine has been in dealer for most of this week!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey guess what I got a dealer just the same way. They use enterprise but I was informed that the only way I would get a loaner car of any sort was if I bought the most expensive extended warranty this being after I bought the jeep. I even asked about that but guess that is the difference in what a sales person knows and what actually happens. This coming from a major dealership who sells millions of dollars worth of vehicles a year in the Memphis,TN area. To say the least I drive 15 miles farther now for better service and even though I did not buy my jeep from there they treat me like I did. I have never received poor service like I did at my dealer I was totally disappointed. Sorry to hear that there are others going through my misery.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My local dealerships have 2 year free rental car and 2 year free oil changes. one is even going to start a free tires for life program. Cars aren't selling in my area, so all of the dealerships in my area will do pretty much anything to get your business. I just saw a commercial yesterday that said if you buy a Durango, Ram, Dakota, or Commander they will give you an $1100 gas card.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My dealer gave me a Gold Card 6year/85,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, nationwide free towing, loaner car for the duration, and lifetime free inspections.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts