Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesturday I was driving home in light rain, first time I have driven in rain, when I got home the rain had stopped, whne I opened my drivers door a lot of water came out of the bootom of the door jam, appeared to have collected in the door jam during the drive.

I went around and opened the passenger door, same exact thing, the rear doors were fine, has anyone else had this happen? Anyone know how ot fix this?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have not noticed when I have driven in the rain...not really paid attention I guess. I wash the JC at least once a week and have not noticed this...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's something really odd that occurred with my '06 Limited. Today I noticed that the edge of the driver's side front floor mat was damp, so I removed the mat and there was actually standing water beneath it! It took a whole roll of paper towels to soak up the water and the carpet is still damp. It rained a couple of days ago, and I recall cracking the window and having a good bit of water pouring into the vehicle which also suprised me. Certainly that could not be the reason for all that water trapped beneath the floor mat? Another thing that puzzles me is that the mat was dry with the exception of the edge being a little damp, so how did all that water get underneath it. I hope it's not coming through the floor somehow. I'm going to perform a little experiment tomorrow by drying the carpet really well with a hair dryer and then taking the vehicle to one of those car washes that sprays water underneath the vehicle and see what happens. Anyone have similar problems. Maybe those aftermarket wind deflectors would stop water from pouring into the vehicle if you open the window after its been raining. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have the same issue...but on the passanger side. :mad:

Went to vacuum a couple of weeks back - it had rained pretty hard for a couple of hours the night before... pulled the passanger floor mat up and the carpet was soaked! :eek:

The JC goes back (6th time) to the dealership service department on Tuesday. I also have a meeting with the owner/president of the dealership - as I am tired of having to have the JC in for service every 3 - 4 weeks!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts