Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving through ~8 inches of water when my Commander stalled. I got to cocky and was driving to fast. I took off the air filter box and tube and wiped out the water that was in it. The Commander started and I drove it home.

I checked the oil and changed the air filter. Is there anything I need to look at and/or change or am I good to go?

I thought I read that these could go though 15 inches (at slow speed) will little to no problems.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I think i read somewhere that it is 19 inches of water that you could safely go through. I could be wrong. When you went through it did water splash up all over the vehicle? If so thats probablly how you sucked up water. I wouldn't recommend going through water much faster then an idle. Just put the commander in first and youll be set!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
If you checked your oil and it looks good you should be okay. You may have simply limited the air needed to keep it running and that was the cause of your stall.

·
Registered
230 Posts
When I drove threw a ton of water, there was no stall issue, but my filter sucked in some water and mud - I cleaned it out and replaced the filter. I also had a engine light on on the dash, but that went out after a few days.

You should be good to go, however.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Strange, I've plowed through water and mud and splashed all over the place and had no issues... but, I don't think any splashed up in FRONT of the Jeep - it was all on the sides and top... maybe next time you need to go FASTER!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I know you've checked it, but it may be a good idea to CHANGE the oil, too. I had my share of problems with hydrolocking my ZJ, and would hate the same to happen to your xk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts