Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we had some outrageously hard rain and when I came out to the car there was water on the front passenger seat and the rear passenger seat and the floors were wet. the headliner above each door was wet and a little down the front pillar. would this be the weather seals on the doors?? I don't thing its the sunroof drains, because there was no dampness around the sunroof or the top of the windshield. the front seat looked like the water had hit the side bolster and splashed toward the inside of the car. I've had the car for a little over 6 months have never had this happen and we've had some hard rain but nothing like today. The seals look ok, no deformities or tears, but I guess they could just be getting weak

thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
It might be that your door seals are clogged. The seals have a few small holes at the bottom of the door that should allow water the accumulates inside to drain out, so check to see that they aren't obstructed.

I know that whenever we get strong rain or a lot of snow melt, a lot of water gets trapped inside the seals and I hear a lot of sloshing inside the doors until they're drained by parking facing downhill.

Just a possibility.

·
Administrator
6,242 Posts
Today we had some outrageously hard rain and when I came out to the car there was water on the front passenger seat and the rear passenger seat and the floors were wet. the headliner above each door was wet and a little down the front pillar. would this be the weather seals on the doors?? I don't thing its the sunroof drains, because there was no dampness around the sunroof or the top of the windshield. the front seat looked like the water had hit the side bolster and splashed toward the inside of the car. I've had the car for a little over 6 months have never had this happen and we've had some hard rain but nothing like today. The seals look ok, no deformities or tears, but I guess they could just be getting weak

thanks
@Tmarkr;

It could be leaking in through the bolts/holes that hold your factory roof rails in place. They have been known to rust out over time and will eventually start to leak if they rust enough. It's a fairly well-documented problem - but probably not as common as the sunroof drain tube/sunroof seal issues that most guys run into.

That being said, if you're confident it's not a sunroof drain tube/sunroof seal issue, I would check out your factory roof rails & bolts very carefully.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts