Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Water leak UPDATE !!!!

I believe I have experienced the clogged tube issues with the sunroof I had water dripping out of the hand hold bolt holes ..

Is there any way to unclog the tubes from the outside instead of the cabin area without removing the trim pieces and carpet .. Mine is on the drivers side

I did the fix today we are expecting lots of rain and got a day off.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I don't think so ,Its not hard to remove the trim and pull up the carpet abit to see where the tube goes through the floor , I did mine, there is a you tube video of this ,I'm fairly new and haven't tried to post links.
John

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I believe I have experienced the clogged tube issues with the sunroof I had water dripping out of the hand hold bolt holes ..

Is there any way to unclog the tubes from the outside instead of the cabin area without removing the trim pieces and carpet .. Mine is on the drivers side
I have unclogged mine using a long tube adapted to a can of compressed air.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have unclogged mine using a long tube adapted to a can of compressed air.
While this has worked for many, some ended up separating the tube from the sunroof tray, thus needing to drop the headliner to re-attach it. My recommendation is to follow the video posted. Very easy and effective.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Getting to the tubes under the carpet is extremely easy. I had my rig detailed a couple of days ago and noticed a large wet spot in the DS carpet the next day. Yesterday, we popped off the plastic trim and lifted the carpet to see the tube directing water under the carpet. The padding was soaked. A shop fan and 2 days later, it's all dry now and we fixed the drain tubes to exit the bottom of the rig like they should be. Again, access is extremely easy. 2 minutes and both sides are exposed. And 2 minutes is way longer than you need. Btw, the rubber "grommet" that Jeep uses is the type that should allow easy drainage. What I mean is, if you pinch the grommet while under the Jeep, pinching it should open the hole to allow quicker drainage. My motor home storage compartments have something similar. Pinch the rubber tube and drain the junk out of it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I did the fix today we had some heavy rain I pulled her into the garage and had a little water and some behind the kick panel

question is .. Is it possible the blue hose to be cracked and it leaking from there .. How likely is this . I want to take it to the car wash and test the fix. I had it leaking out of My grab handle after a heavy water down pour

·
Super Moderator
15,101 Posts
If I remember correctly, the hose is not all one piece and has a joint in it. Could be that it has come apart.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I remember correctly, the hose is not all one piece and has a joint in it. Could be that it has come apart.
Are you kidding me ... smdh.. well I tested the fix at the same car wash that I used initially when the problem was discovered. I had no water in the sunroof tray nor coming from the handles. so I think the problem in fixed. I had a wet floor but I think that was from the earlier rain.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Open the sunroof and pour a glass of water in the corner which had the leak. If you see where the water came out under the car you probably have fixed the problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Open the sunroof and pour a glass of water in the corner which had the leak. If you see where the water came out under the car you probably have fixed the problem.
:clap: Woohoo fixed it. Water came pouring out.. just in time for the big rain

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Congrats. It always makes you feel good to fix it and save money. The one and only time I took mine to the dealer for a leak repair it cost $90 just to look at it. They had a leak guy who came once a week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts