Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I've been trying to figure this issue our for a while now. I keep getting some water on the passenger side when it rains(I live in AZ so that doesn't happen often) or when I wash my truck. I already checked the drains for the sunroof, and that doesn't seem to be the issue. I have weathertech floor mats and the water only falls into the mats and doesn't actually get on the carpet unless it's a lot of water. I'm thinking it's coming from the AC vents or something, but I haven't torn into the dash to look.

has anyone else had this issue or something similar? from what I have seen on other jeeps the actuator for the fresh air vents can be broken or stuck. but my AC seems to work correctly. however the heat doesn't work on the passenger side, I think something wrong with the climate control dial or one of the actuators.

if anyone has any Ideas please let me know. and Thank you in advanced.

I have a 06 limited 5.7.

·
Administrator
15,520 Posts
@Chewymentos Welcome to the forum! Please tell us a little about your Commander (model trim, engine, drive train, mileage, etc.) Also we would love to see some photos when you get a chance.
As to your problem, Most likely your sunroof drain tubes are clogged. This is a very common issue with Commanders and there are plenty of threads here on the forum about it and how to fix it. Also, it could be your door seals, but I would try the sunroof drain tubes first since that is the most common reason for water getting in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The sunroof drains have a sorta check valve tube at the bottom, so although you may have cleared the drains at the roof level, they may be clogged under the vehicle.

·
Administrator
6,712 Posts
Hey everyone! I've been trying to figure this issue our for a while now. I keep getting some water on the passenger side when it rains(I live in AZ so that doesn't happen often) or when I wash my truck. I already checked the drains for the sunroof, and that doesn't seem to be the issue. I have weathertech floor mats and the water only falls into the mats and doesn't actually get on the carpet unless it's a lot of water. I'm thinking it's coming from the AC vents or something, but I haven't torn into the dash to look.

has anyone else had this issue or something similar? from what I have seen on other jeeps the actuator for the fresh air vents can be broken or stuck. but my AC seems to work correctly. however the heat doesn't work on the passenger side, I think something wrong with the climate control dial or one of the actuators.

I have a 06 limited 5.7.
@Chewymentos;

Welcome to the forum. Post some pics of your Commander when you can;

Here are some links if you need to order any more parts for repairs or upgrades to your XK;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: https://www.factorychryslerparts.com/

North American Parts: https://northamericanparts.rpmware.c...unt/login.aspx

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - https://www.justforjeeps.com/

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

4 inch XK Superlift;
AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - https://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAj...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

WAM Custom Bumpers - https://wambumpers.com/

Jeep Steel Bumpers
4WheelParts.com - Truck Parts & Jeep Parts - Lift Kits, Winches, Tonneau Covers, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Performance ? 4 Wheel Parts

RockAuto - https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...catalog%2Fjeep

Also, please read the New Member Required Reading below; Lots of good information for new members here;

REQUIRED READING!!! New Member Introduction post & other important new member info.

Thanks & again, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you everyone for the responses.
I will take a look at the drain tubes again, but I'm thinking it's coming from somewhere else, just wanted to see if anyone else has seen this issue.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ive had the issue on both sides a couple times over the years.... drain tubes. I run weed trimmer line through the tubes every so often to clear out just in case. The problem has not returned.

·
Administrator
6,712 Posts
Thank you everyone for the responses.
I will take a look at the drain tubes again, but I'm thinking it's coming from somewhere else, just wanted to see if anyone else has seen this issue.
Check your roof rails;

The screws holding the factory roof rails in place have a tendency to rust over time and water can seep into the roof/headliner through those screw holes if the screws are rusted bad enough.

·
Registered
10 Posts

I have a 06 limited 5.7.
i had a lot of water on the floor of my 06 commander 4.7. confirmed sunroof drain tubes were functional...problem persisted. Eventually suspected door seals were leaking at top but still sealing at bottom directing the water onto the floor. i removed bottom door seal. problem never occurred again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts