Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Okay, 6 of us are here now and the pictures start in the morning!

This is the continuing saga of This Thread

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a post moved over from the original thread:

I am at the camp. The RV site is Lucky number 7, and the Cabin is number 3. My sons are taking the cabin, (of course) and Lee and I are at the RV. We will be at the RV until we figure where we are meeting. The cabin is nice and has two bedrooms and a Kitchen. The hills were steep but not too bad of passes coming in from the south. I am glad that I had Lee drive the Commander seperately from Durango, (about 50 miles). We have WIFi and the sprint phones works here. I think that the Sprint Data Card is on roaming so I am just using the hotspot.
OK, somebody has to be first posting pictures of the base camp for the Colorado Camp Commander Official Trail Ride and Tall Tales Week.

I went outside and did 360 degrees of pictures of the Base Camp. The first picture is of a waterfall directly behind my motorhome on the mountain.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is another post moved over from original thread:

Here are the rest of the full circle.

The entrance to the camp is just past the information center if you are coming from the south.

Our Illustrious Leader, Jon, (aka A49erfan) has arrived after an all day journey across the country. He made a stop in Flagstaff for treat some nefarious medical condition that he picked up on his trip to Oregon. We shall not delve into that subject any farther. However he does claim to be non-contagious now. We are meeting in a few minutes to plan the day for tomorrow with the current crew.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are a few pictures we took on our way from Phoenix to Silverton:

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to thank all of you who made it out to this event for making this the largest Commander Outing in JeepCommander.com history. In total there were 12 Commanders (in alphabetical order) from all over the country;

a49erFan
Adondo
bjamrow
brendon
CommanderDrako
Consolidation
El Cid
HueyPilotVN
mprmnc
Ped4599
RockeyMountainCanery
TYMAC

·
Registered
807 Posts
Guess we have to get our seats saved fast on this thread.its already filling up

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
tick tock tick tock... the wait is killing me!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
No pictures = didnt happen!:rofl:

·
Registered
807 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
These are from the link above^

·
Administrator
15,249 Posts
These are great pics ! Can we get some of higher resolution (bigger) ?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Looking good!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Need to remind myself not to look at this thread at work - I still have one more day before we head up there, making for a very slow day here!

·
Registered
192 Posts
B A U Tee Full. Such a wonderful place with such great scenery. Thanks for sharing the picks.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
These are great pics ! Can we get some of higher resolution (bigger) ?
They are coming, the first pictures are all from a cell phone. We are working now on getting them from cameras to computers.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Funny thing, my boss just told me they might be sending me to Colorado next month for a couple weeks for mission support... *sigh*

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Today 6 of us headed out to Clear lake, among the first group of brave soles were HueyPilotVN, RockeyMountainCanary, Ped4599, Tymac, Consolidation & a49erFan.

We lined up in camp at 1:00pm Colorado time and headed out for a nice half day ride.

[/IMG]

·
Administrator
15,249 Posts
Who is RockyMountainCanary ?

1 - 20 of 148 Posts