Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Id like to upgrade my radio (cheaper stock unit) with the Boston Acoustic stero and speakers. Would this system be a direct replacement? If not, what is involved. Getting access to doors and dash, no problem. I'm concerned about wiring. Any input appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know if the Boston Acoustic system can replace the REF stero with minimal rewiring?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
The head units are the same regardless of the amp and speakers. For the money, you can find the Mopar Kicker speakers which are better quality than the BA ones. I'm not sure what additional wiring there is for the BA amp, but I'm sure there is some since the amp's located in the left rear over the wheel well.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm hoping to purchase the BA system here off of someone that has already upgraded. I want to keep the install as simple as possible so I can do this myself. I guess I'll have to find out how involved the amp is. Funny how when I first purchased the XK, the radio sounded so much better than the one in my old jeep. But after two years of listening to this, it definately needs to go. its the REF radio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts