Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy guys, just a heads up here. I bought weathertech window visors about a month ago. Everything came on time and packaged fine but the visors don’t fit quite right. There is an annoying gap at the top edge of these that is created between the visor and the edge of your door. This gap leaves little resistance to hold the visor in place and in effect causes it to lean in toward the inside of the vehicle causing the window to hit the visor while rolling the window up. I have owned weathertech products in the past for various vehicles and never had this problem before. They also now mill down or laser cut the pieces in way that they hadn’t done before. The plastic is less thick and study then they used to be. The commander has pretty unique contuers so I know they are the right part# etc and they work well enough for me not to return them. However if had know that anytime I drop my driver window I would have to phisically push the visor over to make space for the window to pass, I would not have bought them. Small thing but defiantly annoying...

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Howdy guys, just a heads up here. I bought weathertech window visors about a month ago. Everything came on time and packaged fine but the visors don’t fit quite right. There is an annoying gap at the top edge of these that is created between the visor and the edge of your door. This gap leaves little resistance to hold the visor in place and in effect causes it to lean in toward the inside of the vehicle causing the window to hit the visor while rolling the window up. I have owned weathertech products in the past for various vehicles and never had this problem before. They also now mill down or laser cut the pieces in way that they hadn’t done before. The plastic is less thick and study then they used to be. The commander has pretty unique contuers so I know they are the right part# etc and they work well enough for me not to return them. However if had know that anytime I drop my driver window I would have to phisically push the visor over to make space for the window to pass, I would not have bought them. Small thing but defiantly annoying...
I didn't know Weathertech even made window visors.

Have any pics?

I have WeatherTech first and second row floor mats and just ordered the WeatherTech rear cargo mat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have the in channel visors mine fit perfectly.. do u have pics to show us exactly where your problem is ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the offers to help guys. I will get a few pics up in the next day or so. To be honest, there is much that can be done. Just a somewhat shoty job on weathertechs part.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've had my weather Tech's for at least 6 years, with the same issue. I just got used to it. I just can't bring myself to buy adhesive "outside door" replacements when I spent $100 on these in the past and they work well enough. It is annoying though. Only my front windows do it. The rears are fine.

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
I've had my weather Tech's for at least 6 years, with the same issue. I just got used to it. I just can't bring myself to buy adhesive "outside door" replacements when I spent $100 on these in the past and they work well enough. It is annoying though. Only my front windows do it. The rears are fine.
So it sounds to me like you guys are actually talking about what I call rain guards. I have the outside stick on kind and I like them well enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts