Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Just to say bye from the UK. This site is so slow that I've now given up wasting my time trying to veiw threads.

Good Luck to you all

Simon

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Hate to see you go, A slow site with good information is better than no site or a fast site that sucks! Check back later and maybe things will have improved.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Slow for me, too, Admins need to do something.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Not slow for me... still... wonder what the deal is.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I am getting 6 or 7 seconds to load every page with 4 seonds of "dead air" ... it's bareable but I have been doing less on this site because of it ... it's NOT at my end either my interent speed is the same on every other site I visit

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>ping www.jeepcommander.com
Pinging jeepcommander.com [208.43.63.69] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 208.43.63.69: bytes=32 time=51ms TTL=50
Reply from 208.43.63.69: bytes=32 time=48ms TTL=50
Reply from 208.43.63.69: bytes=32 time=48ms TTL=50
Reply from 208.43.63.69: bytes=32 time=49ms TTL=50
Ping statistics for 208.43.63.69:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 48ms, Maximum = 51ms, Average = 49ms

This may show speed, but you cant measure dead air time!

Come back from time to time and see if it gets better.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I have never had any problems with the site being slow.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
It can be annoying slow get the header and then hangs for 3-10seconds before populating. Might be a browser setting.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Hm, I've never had much of a problem. I've noticed minor delay, but nothing more than a second or two when loading a page compared to other sites. Usually it's just fine.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
LOL and he just paid $40 for a membership???!!!
It didn't slow down for me until they did this last "upgrade" with the memberships. I'm pissed. Why do you think it's funny ? You have a warped sense of humor.

·
Registered
451 Posts
That sucks that he is leaving..... It is slow for me the first load (10 seconds). Then it is fine....

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
It didn't slow down for me until they did this last "upgrade" with the memberships. I'm pissed. Why do you think it's funny ? You have a warped sense of humor.

I think its real funny, you guys couldn't wait to up grade your membership! try starting a new account with different name and see if site is faster. If it is than you have reason to bitch. I have not been effected at all, can not tell the difference in the speed of pages before they upgraded.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Still no delays for me so I can not speak on the slowness that others are noticing.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
takes about 10 sec for my pages to load. that is fast. dome times, it takes 20.
A lot of it is just waiting for the dmmm pics to load.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i've noticed some slowdown, but not enough to make the site unusable. i guess we all have our priorities and some people may be too busy to wait 10-15 sec for a page to load.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
i've noticed some slowdown, but not enough to make the site unusable. i guess we all have our priorities and some people may be too busy to wait 10-15 sec for a page to load.
Hey! I take offense to that! Mr Mod....I have been offended! Remove this, this, this......Rebel!!

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBZ
I'm happy with what I got for my $40. A wealth of knowledge and Commander Comraderie!

I am happy that you and I get the same service, same loading time and same content. ( And the same 5 pics ) And you spent $40 more than I did. AND for the same $40 that 50 people pay, or $2000, and I get the same service!

AND I can still get banned whether or not I pay for a lifetime membership.

My point here is that whether you pay or not, we all get treated the same,
ignored by the Admin the same, and there is right to survivorship of the membership.

The only benefit to "registering " is you get pm's and post pics!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.