1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Beautiful scenery.

·
Registered
456 Posts
looks like a ton of fun - How did you do with the wranglers? Any stories?

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Command This. said:
looks like a ton of fun - How did you do with the wranglers? Any stories?
Well, there is one story to tell. There was quite a bit of water in the canyon so we had many creek crossings. One of those crossings was a bit of a challenge....for the Wranglers and Rubicons that is. The trail came down to the creek. It dropped 2-3 feet down into the water which was knee high. On the other side was a very steep hill back up. The others took two or three tries to get up. Some even had to be strapped from above and pulled up. It was quite slippery and steep. When it was my turn, my son (who is 6yrs) said "Dad, you have to make it on the first try". Pressure was on as I dropped the front end down into the creek. Slipped it into 4 low and put the petal to the metal, there was a deep roar from the CAI and that HEMI drove us straight up the hill like a rocket. It was insane!!! My son had a huge smile on his face not to be out done by dad's huge smile. :D There was a new respect by the others for the...what they called the Jeep bus. But "bus" quickly turned to BEAST!!!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
great pics and beautiful scenery.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Phunkeydude said:
Well, there is one story to tell. There was quite a bit of water in the canyon so we had many creek crossings. One of those crossings was a bit of a challenge....for the Wranglers and Rubicons that is. The trail came down to the creek. It dropped 2-3 feet down into the water which was knee high. On the other side was a very steep hill back up. The others took two or three tries to get up. Some even had to be strapped from above and pulled up. It was quite slippery and steep. When it was my turn, my son (who is 6yrs) said "Dad, you have to make it on the first try". Pressure was on as I dropped the front end down into the creek. Slipped it into 4 low and put the petal to the metal, there was a deep roar from the CAI and that HEMI drove us straight up the hill like a rocket. It was insane!!! My son had a huge smile on his face not to be out done by dad's huge smile. :D There was a new respect by the others for the...what they called the Jeep bus. But "bus" quickly turned to BEAST!!!
Video ! Video ! Where's the video !??

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
OUTSTANDING!!! Wow....Cant believe they cut away from your hill climb midstream .....what's up with the van going into that area?!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Nice video! Too bad you got cut short on that hill past the creek.

What the hell was the driver of that mini van thinking???

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
cico7 said:
OUTSTANDING!!! Wow....Cant believe they cut away from your hill climb midstream .....what's up with the van going into that area?!
Yeah, the guy I gave cam to was attempting to zoom in on the action and hit the stop button. That was the first time I gave my cam to a complete stranger.

The van, that was crazy. In the evening, many Navajo that still live in the canyon return home. And they have a variety of vehicle from horse, tractor, pickup, mini van. Its not unusual to see a stuck non-4 wheel drive vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Fire that videographer !:mad:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Great pictures and amazing video.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Great pics!! Sounds like a good time. Can't wait to get back out this weekend.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I would love to take a trip up there someday. Maybe summer 09 XK Camping trip :)

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
a49erFootballFan said:
I would love to take a trip up there someday. Maybe summer 09 XK Camping trip :)
You can go camping in the Canyon only with a Navajo Guide.
I met this guy and his family while in the canyon and got his business card for a possible camping trip as well.

Canyon DeChelly Tours - Navajo Guides
Perry Yazzie (928)349-1394 or (928)674-5647

1 - 20 of 24 Posts