Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have an issue with my driver side speaker, on the dash. Sometimes when the road gets bumpy, I get a weird vibration/buzzing sound from the speaker. It's electronic, and turning the volume down does nothing. The only way to get it to stop, is to give the dash a good pound with my fist. Sometimes it takes a few good hits though (I never hit the speaker, only the dash in front of it). But even when I do that, it often comes back after a few seconds.

It only ever happens when I hit a bump in the road, never on a smooth road.

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know next to nothing about car stereos. Is that something I should have the dealer look at? Or maybe just a car stereo place?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Having just bought my Commander I haven't ventured into taking anything apart so I don't know how easy it is. I guess it depends on if you have a warranty or not.. If you do let them mess with it. If not, start searching for how to replace/upgrade those speakers, if it seems like something you can do then all you are looking for is a loose speaker wire. There are only 2 wires, if one is loose fix it so it's tight. If they are both tight then I got nothing for you.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Okay, I have an issue with my driver side speaker, on the dash. Sometimes when the road gets bumpy, I get a weird vibration/buzzing sound from the speaker. It's electronic, and turning the volume down does nothing. The only way to get it to stop, is to give the dash a good pound with my fist. Sometimes it takes a few good hits though (I never hit the speaker, only the dash in front of it). But even when I do that, it often comes back after a few seconds.

It only ever happens when I hit a bump in the road, never on a smooth road.

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance.
I had a 1999 CG and a 2003 Liberty do the same thing. Blown speaker. The cone has partially separated from the frame. Those speakers are very easy to get to. Just pop off the grill with a small screwdriver. I have a pair of Kickers, if you are interested. These just plug into the wire harness, no adaptors required. I swapped them out for Infinity's. I only used them for a couple of months. :eek:rangehat:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts