Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background...I have an 07 Overland since it rolled off the production line. NO major issues so far...actually, none. Lucky me. 71k miles.

...so I'm sitting in the jeep sipping on my grande bold with 5 sugars and half n half. Key is barely in ignition...about 1/3rd the way in. NOTHING is on and my seat is still aft from the "easy entry" feature. All doors closed.

All of a sudden, my seat travels forward into normal position AND BOTH outside mirrors tilt down! huh?! WTF. LOL.

Again, key NOT in. This model year and build date does NOT have the feature available for the mirrors to tilt when in reverse. It's never done this.

I opened/closed my door. Put key in. Started engine. While hold the brake pedal, I cycled into reverse, drive, park a few times. No change. Turned engine off and then my seat traveled backwards...normal. But the mirrors did not return to normal position I had to re-adjust them myself.

Anyone else have a possessed Commander? LOL

Any ideas?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shoulda seen the look on my face...

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
You don't have a spouse with a remote do you? One button press would start the personal settings and be a great way to play mind games with you from inside the house.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't have a spouse with a remote do you? One button press would start the personal settings and be a great way to play mind games with you from inside the house.
hahaha...that'd be funny. No, I was in a parking lot at Starbucks. She was at home. Plus, like I said, the outside mirrors have no auto function to them in my model year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts