Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 4.7L
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new 02 sensors I put in are throwing codes for heater performance.
Both heaters run through C2 on the PCM.
Anyone run into problems with NGK 02 sensors doing this?
Suppose I'll have to run an ohm check through C2 to the sensor and back.
What joy....

·
Premium Member
Dallas TX
449 Posts
weird they would do that at the same time. i seem to think you swapped them recently correct? is your PCM original? I would do the battery disconnect for a bit and see if the codes come back before I did any more digging

·
Registered
2006 4.7L
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
weird they would do that at the same time. i seem to think you swapped them recently correct? is your PCM original? I would do the battery disconnect for a bit and see if the codes come back before I did any more digging
Yes, both were replaced recently. Was getting P0052 WHICH IS 2/1 HEATER. Manual said to replace both sides so put in NGK's. I've reset them several times, but both keep coming back each trip.
Original PCM.

·
Administrator
8,162 Posts
Yes, both were replaced recently. Was getting P0052 WHICH IS 2/1 HEATER. Manual said to replace both sides so put in NGK's. I've reset them several times, but both keep coming back each trip.
Original PCM.
Try a hard reset of the PCM, if you haven't done so already.

Completely disconnect the battery for 30 minutes & then reconnect it.

I have had people tell me in the past (and I'm not referring to you specfically) that they had the battery disconnected for more than 30 minutes while installing new components, so, they've already performed a hard reset of the PCM.

That absolutely is not the correct procedure.

The hard reset of the PCM needs to be done AFTER the install of the new components has been completed AND after you have started and run the engine, with the new components installed.

·
Registered
2006 Commander, 4.7, QTII
23 Posts
The new 02 sensors I put in are throwing codes for heater performance.
Both heaters run through C2 on the PCM.
Anyone run into problems with NGK 02 sensors doing this?
I have read the wisdom is to stick with MOPAR O2 sensors. After NTK 23556 installed for Bank 2 Sensor 1 it gave me P0155 code. I waited about a year and finally pulled it out and replaced with Mopar MOP 56028998AB. No codes after on 2006 Commander with 4.7.

·
Registered
2006 4.7L
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have read the wisdom is to stick with MOPAR O2 sensors. After NTK 23556 installed for Bank 2 Sensor 1 it gave me P0155 code. I waited about a year and finally pulled it out and replaced with Mopar MOP 56028998AB. No codes after on 2006 Commander with 4.7.
Well, today was interesting. Right when I was getting ready to pull into traffic, the Jeep died. Started right up and ran fine. In fact, the MIL that has been giving me accusing looks for the last two weeks, was off. Drove normally to the Safeway. But my key wouldn't open electronically. Headed home, after about 30 miles, it died. No crank, transmission o.t. showing on EVIC. Got out, wiggled connectors on PCM, and it started up fine. 3 miles later, same thing. Wiggled connector 1, and started up fine. Drove another 20 miles to home fine. Electric locks worked. So, some poking and prodding is in order for the AM. Possibly time for a new PCM.

·
Premium Member
Dallas TX
449 Posts
relatively cheap insurance to tic that box off the list. make sure you get a lifetime warranty version...

·
Registered
2006 4.7L
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, today was interesting. Right when I was getting ready to pull into traffic, the Jeep died. Started right up and ran fine. In fact, the MIL that has been giving me accusing looks for the last two weeks, was off. Drove normally to the Safeway. But my key wouldn't open electronically. Headed home, after about 30 miles, it died. No crank, transmission o.t. showing on EVIC. Got out, wiggled connectors on PCM, and it started up fine. 3 miles later, same thing. Wiggled connector 1, and started up fine. Drove another 20 miles to home fine. Electric locks worked. So, some poking and prodding is in order for the AM. Possibly time for a new PCM.
Today's investigation revealed a laundry list of fault codes. Mostly U0100, U0101, lost communication with PCM, TCM.
Those were present in the ABS, FINAL DRIVE, CENTRAL GATEWAY modules. B1A28 in the WIRELESS CONTROL Module, ECM mismatch with SKIM. OCCUPANT RESTRAINT, U1415, U1414.
Everything points to comm loss with ECM. Whether at the connectors or on the board itself, is unknown.
I put some large zip ties around the PCM and connectors. We'll see how that does.
PCM P/N is 56044743AD
Who has a good reputation for replacement PCM?
P.S. Drove into town to NAPA and back. 6 miles, no problems, no MIL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts