Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve ordered everything, got it, and it’s all getting done this weekend!

OME HD Kit (Springs/Shocks/Struts)
RC 1.5” Wheel Spacers
JBA UCA’s
JK Wheels with BF Goodrich Mud Terrain A/T’s 255/75/17

So ready to take before and after pics

·
Registered
371 Posts
Will NOT work. The OME hd springs alone max out the lift with the factory front axle location. In order to add the spacers, the diff must be lowered a significant amount. I installed the OME's last summer. I just tried to add a set of RRO spacer's and it was a no go. The fender was 12 inches over the tire and the axleshaft angle was non workable. Had to remove them. If they have not been shipped, I would cancel the spacers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will NOT work. The OME hd springs alone max out the lift with the factory front axle location. In order to add the spacers, the diff must be lowered a significant amount. I installed the OME's last summer. I just tried to add a set of RRO spacer's and it was a no go. The fender was 12 inches over the tire and the axleshaft angle was non workable. Had to remove them. If they have not been shipped, I would cancel the spacers.
Wheel spacers. I wouldn’t stack a spacer kit in there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Update: my mechanic still hasn’t gotten to the Commander. BUT I do want to share a deal I found...I was looking for some JK wheels and BFG M/T’s. I found some on Facebook marketplace that said “5 wheels and tires” for $250. I message the guy and he says they have maybe 30% tread left BUT they come with 4 identical tires that are about 80%. He lowered the price to $200 if I could come pick them up. It was an hour drive.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Update: my mechanic still hasn’t gotten to the Commander. BUT I do want to share a deal I found...I was looking for some JK wheels and BFG M/T’s. I found some on Facebook marketplace that said “5 wheels and tires” for $250. I message the guy and he says they have maybe 30% tread left BUT they come with 4 identical tires that are about 80%. He lowered the price to $200 if I could come pick them up. It was an hour drive. 🤘🏼
Nice deal. Thats the best part about running that size tire and wheel setup they are available cheap beacause JK guys like to move up to a bigger and wider combo.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: my mechanic still hasn’t gotten to the Commander. BUT I do want to share a deal I found...I was looking for some JK wheels and BFG M/T’s. I found some on Facebook marketplace that said “5 wheels and tires” for $250. I message the guy and he says they have maybe 30% tread left BUT they come with 4 identical tires that are about 80%. He lowered the price to $200 if I could come pick them up. It was an hour drive. 🤘🏼
Nice deal. Thats the best part about running that size tire and wheel setup they are available cheap beacause JK guys like to move up to a bigger and wider combo.
Yeah, it was actually an older guy that said they were a little too noisy for his liking. I’ll take em all day haha

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey sorry for not responding sooner. I have been wrestling with my exhaust upgrade and it has been a son of a you know what.

I bought 2012 Grand Cherokee rims. Got them really cheap but they have a shallower offset than the Commander rims which is why I needed the spacers. I ended up with each wheel being 1" further out board or a 2 inch wider stance. The tires are ten ply Goodyear Adventurers with Kevlar.

I will check if I have any pictures.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I just installed my JBA's and new lower NAPA premiums two weeks ago. I have 7.25 " from the top of the tire to the bottom of the flare. Prior to the control arms, I was at about 4".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts