Jeep Commander Forum banner

Are you interested in WC Camp Commander 2010?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here we go. I thought it was time to begin to talk about Camp Commander 2010.

We need to get an idea of when and where, post up your thoughts.

I will modify the poll as needed when additional ideas are suggested.

This is a public poll, ONLY VOTE IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND. Post in the thread if you have another location or date in mind and I will add it to the list.

You can vote for as many items as you want but once you vote you cannot add too or change your votes so read them all and have your changes added before you vote if you have any in mind.

THIS IS A PUBLIC POLL SO YOUR SELECTIONS CAN BE SEEN BY OTHERS!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Is it that time again?

I am not sure yet, but I was told after Colorado that she who must be obeyed gets to pic vacation next year and was thinking Disney World :(

We'll see how it shapes up. I would probably vote for WY, but will hold my official vote for a while... Though I wouldn't mind geting back out and trying Black Bear Pass

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Las Vegas has many day loops to choose from that can take you through some great scenery. No problem with hotel room availability or other distractions after the sun goes down...
The Sheep Mountains are north with 1.5 MILLION acres of wildlife refuge with a 50 mile dirt road crossing it open to registered vehicles. The west entrance and the east exit at the other end are both only 35 minutes from the strip. The Spring Mountains have 2 dirt road passes that take you up as high as 7700 ft in crossing them. Eldorado Caynon is South with dirt roads down to the Colorado River. Death Valley is 60 miles west. There are other loops available that include class I, II and III roads. There is a little paperback guide called Leaving Las Vegas with a ton of these loops in it including maps, road ratings and geographical and historical insight into where you are on the road. As you can tell, I may be a bit partial to the area. Any time works but avoid the July and August unless you're a lizard.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Vegas does sound nice. I know the wife would love it.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I added Nevada to the options list.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:bump: Anyone want to propose any suggestions? I like a return trip to Colorado or Moab with Jackson Hole as an additional option.

·
Registered
346 Posts
We've got Hawaii in February and Disney Land in July - I might be out this year...

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I'm out this year, wish I hadn't missed last year. Going to put this in the plans for 2011.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay... What do you think about Moab in July?

·
Registered
862 Posts
I've always loved Moab.

One thought though... Bend Oregon. There's a gazillion acres of open BLM land south of Bend. It's volcanic land too, with a few nat'l monuments to explore, and countless caves. (lave tubes)

The area is high desert with Juniper trees and sage, to pine forest in the higher areas. You can set up camp just about anywhere out there. Terrain ranges from sandy roads to volcanic rocks, with everything from pan-flat to vertical cliffs.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like the idea of Oregon since I am going that way anyway, but for most people I think it is too far west.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I like the idea of Oregon since I am going that way anyway, but for most people I think it is too far west.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Not sure yet if we will go west or east (if at all) this year, but Oregon would be too far for us.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not a lot of response yet and I know it is early, but right now it looks like the majority would like to do Moab in July (maybe sometime during the last two weeks to get close to the August group of voters).

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Hey, Vegas was looking good. I like Oregon and Washington too. All a matter of timing...

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We've got Hawaii in February and Disney Land in July - I might be out this year...
Are you driving to Disney Land? Maybe we can plan it as a side trip on the way too or from for you!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
419 Posts
It's simply too early for me to have definitive plans yet. I'll be doing a lot of wheeling in Colorado this summer -- in July and August -- a lot of it doing more product testing for 4xGuard. There's still a chance of a trip to the Rubicon to work around, too. I'll probably need another month or so to get things straight.

I will say that July is getting to be late for Moab. I've been running that area for a long time, and the rocks will be egg-cooking hot in the shade. I love the area -- Poison Spider and Hell's Revenge are two of my favorite trails in Utah -- but not the timing. Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.