Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what spacers you JK wheel guys are running. Not sure if I should go with 1/4" or 3/8". Obviously, I wanna go with smallest necessary to clear the calipers and still preserve as much wheel stud engagement as possible. I've seen cheapo ones on ebay for $20 for all 4, and then there's Baer 1/4" for $60/ pair. I'm assuming, from what I've read, that 1/4" will clear the caliper? The sticky says 1" custom, but I'm doubting that. Thanks, JB

·
Registered
417 Posts
Spidertraxx is usually the go-to. Lots of people running up to 1.5" for many years and I have yet to hear of a problem. Maybe someone else has.

Use thread lock and torque them right.
-
-

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have 1.5 ST spacers and have had zero issues.

I've heard of horror stories from tire retail shops and most refusing to mess with a vehicle with spacers, but it's because they have 19 year olds ****ing **** up and no longer mess with them, but no real issues I've heard of from people that install them correctly. My local Kauffman Tire refused to rotate my tires because of my spacers, ha!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im well aware of Spidertrax spacers, I'm running the 1.25" on my 2000 XJ for many years now, no problems. I want to run 1/4" spacers, just to clear the calipers, using JK wheels. Im not going to grind the calipers down, and I'm not putting 1.5" spacers and push the wheels way out. I think im just gonna have a set made from Fred Goeske. Hub and wheel centric. They aint cheap, but I cant find anyone who makes a hub and/or wheel centric 1/4" plate spacer. Also not quite sure if 1/4" is THE measurement. I've seen quite a few say that size works, and I dont wanna go any thicker than that with the stock wheel studs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts