Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got around to working on the Commander. I got 245/75/17 Goodyear Duratracs on. Installed my Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, changed my oil (with Royal Purple synthetic), and changed all 16 spark plugs. It now looks, sounds, and rides like a meaner Commander.

·
Registered
284 Posts
pictures are a must

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will clean it up, take some pictures, and then figure out how to post them.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hey how do you like the lift plus the added spacer. I just got one from him, and want to put it on this weekend. does it level the front out?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks a thousand times better now that it is level. You need to make sure that you did not get one of the new lifts, because they have added to the front to make it level.

I will try and get some pics this weekend.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I dont think so, the Daystar Pucks looked exactly the same and the nose still sits down. THanks for the response just wanted to see what you thought about the way it drove and how the parts were wearing.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont think so, the Daystar Pucks looked exactly the same and the nose still sits down. THanks for the response just wanted to see what you thought about the way it drove and how the parts were wearing.
I thought you were referring to the RC lift. A member posted on here a while back that it seems the new RC lifts are thicker in the front and do not require spacers. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How does that exhaust sound?
Sounds just the way I wanted it do. Deep and throaty when you get on it, but barely noticeable when traveling at highway speeds (unless you punch it). I think it will sound better when I get my AFE stage 2 CAI.

·
Registered
172 Posts
great, exactly what I was hoping you'd say. Now all I have to do is get a straight answer from my dealer whether or not this will affect my warranty and i'm good to go!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
great, exactly what I was hoping you'd say. Now all I have to do is get a straight answer from my dealer whether or not this will affect my warranty and i'm good to go!
I was told there was a SEMA rule which states a manufacture has to prove that an aftermarket part caused a problem. This helps to protect aftermarket companies, and allow consumers to purchase and install aftermarket parts. I'm not sure why an exhaust would void a warranty (especially a bolt-on).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts