Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In order of preference...

• Air Suspension (...like the VW Toureg or Land Rover LR3.)
  • Diesel Engine (...this could at least be the 3.2L Mercedes Benz diesel engine.)
  • HID / LED Lighting (LED headlights would work better with a Smartbeam-type system.)
  • Integrated Rock Rails (...like the 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland had.)
  • Audio Jack For MP3 Player (I know the system allows you to play MP3 CDs, but this would save you from burning CDs.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
In no particular order:

Powered third row seats like the ones in the new Ford Explorers....
Rear camera tied into the navigation system...
Courtesy lights on the bottom of the outside mirrors to aid in seeing at night...
Optional roof rack on Limited models...
Optional 20" Rims similar to the ones on the Grand Cherokee SRT8...
Body color matched painted mirrors...
Opening CommandView 2nd row skylights...
Factory option of a window decal of that little kid peeing on the HUMMER embelm...
Powered opening/closing rear...
Heads-Up Display similar to whats in Corvettes...
Plus what was already posted.

·
Registered
77 Posts
.. would be nice to have:

See my "First 1000 Miles" post in the general discussions for details, but here is the short version:
1. 2nd row seat does not offer enough leg room
2. Dome light is missing
3. Lower speed setting for ventilation blower
4. 4 Cylinder activation should work at higher speeds too
5. Steering too numb
6. Interior window/hatch release button (possibly combined with automated tail gate opener/closure mechanism)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My updated list...

Air Suspension (could be labeled Up Country II Suspension)
Factory Integrated Rock Rails (...like the 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland had.)
Larger Diameter Tires From Factory
Diesel Engine (3.2L MB Bluetec diesel engine.)
HID / LED Lighting (LED headlights would work better with a Smartbeam-type system.)
Factory Option Backup Camera For Navigation System
Real-Time Traffic Data For Navigation System
Heated / COOLED Seat Option

·
Registered
160 Posts
Coffee maker, chef and butler. lol. I have had many vehicles with all the bells and whistle. This jeep even though entry level is pleasently equipped. So far so good. Anything I do to it will possiblly be cosmetic on exterior. maximo

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would like to see:

Power tailgate (open and close).
Quick disconnect (easy removable) third row seat.
More leg room for second seat.
More color choices (even though I chose Khaki).
Pouch behind passenger seat (like the one behind drivers seat).
Cheaper replacement key ($160.00 + $40.00 programing fee is TOO MUCH!)

*I reserve the right to add more as time passes by...;) :D

JC

·
Registered
80 Posts
A little more lift from the factory should be standard. Paint or coat all the parts underneath that will get that lovely rust patina over time. Definitely quick release thrd row seats with quick release cargo box/basket. An accessory roof rack (aluminum) that covers the entire roof as big as I can get. A chrome push bar that will accomodate larger round aux lights.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ability to collapse outside mirrors at the push of a button. I need to do this manually every time I park in the garage since it is very tight with 2 other cars inside and it is big pain.

As was mentioned a million times already...easily removable 3rd seats.

Bigger gas tank, an extra 5 gallons would be nice.

Auto lift gate.

Window in the back that can be opened - remotely of course.

Bigger tires available.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Some way to open the rear glass without the remote - unless I just didn't see one while I was test-driving it. (Mine is being assembled right now!)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mango~Ridge said:
If you slide your hand to the right at the tail gate opener, there is a button you push up to open the window glass. The doors have to be unlocked.
What else am I missing? Secret button that removes 3rd seats?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Re: .. would be nice to have:

1. VERY IMPORTANT - I DON'T CARE HOW YOU DO IT BUT JUST DO IT: FIT MIN 25 GAL TANK INTO IT. IT IS CRAZY TO RUN OUT OF GAS IN 200 MILES.
2. Tighten up the steering - make is like in VW or BMW. But it is not bad as it is, though adding a little feel to it will help - it is overpowered.
3 Make 3rd row removable without use of tools. With 3rd seat out, the extra storage should be available with floor still flat.
4. Make speedometer bigger by making tachometer smaller.
5. Make clock in radio (no-nav system) bigger than present 1/8".
6. Make passenger seat height adjustable when power seat option is purchased. Very Important!
7. Include back mesh and cargo cover with car. Redesign back such that shopping don't get jammed between the back and the door with 3rd seat down. and then flying out once you open the liftgate.
8. Illuminate cruise control functions.
9. Automatic Temp Control should have been included in the expensive "U" package - this is a big disappointment.
10. Not sure about it but there have been some postings about incompatibility betwen head rests and children seats. If it is true, it should be resolved!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Re: .. would be nice to have:

11. Added: Get rid of those "El Cheapo" plastic mirrors and put it color-coordinated even if it addes $20 to the cost of the car.[/

1 - 20 of 91 Posts