Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which axles are available on the Commanders? Is there a grand listing anywhere that I could find this information out? (I've tried searching, but came up with nothing on here)

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
Go to this page http://www.jeep.com/en/2008/commander/ on the Jeep website. In the top right click on "Specs and Upgrades". Then on that page choose the Commander models at the top and then click on the info you want down below on the left.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If you look it says front and rear chrysler 8.25. I was told by the dealer that our rear is eqivalant to a 8.25 but the front is a smaller axle then the rear.

EDIT: Front has a 200mm rear has a 213mm.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
i wonder what the difference is between the 8.25 and ours.

larger bearings?

larger ring gear?

different axle shafts?

all i know about the 213 mm rear is it is a full floating axle. its very strong.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
4.7commander said:
i wonder what the difference is between the 8.25 and ours.

larger bearings?

larger ring gear?

different axle shafts?

all i know about the 213 mm rear is it is a full floating axle. its very strong.

I have always wondered what they mean about full floating. Can you school me a little on this?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
sciron4x4 said:
Does the AEV Project Commander (the "Road to Iceland" one) still utilize the stock axles?
http://www.aev-conversions.com/vehicles/show_xk_iceland.php

AEV Iceland Commander features:
  • AEV/Superlift Suspension - provides 4" of lift in a highly refined durable package
  • AEV Winch Mount - Combined with a modified Mopar brushguard
  • AEV Fender Flares - Provide enough clearance and coverage for the 39.5" tires
  • AEV Lengthened Wheelbase - We had to push the rear axle back 5" in order to provide enough room for the tires and not get into the doors
  • Warn XD9500 Winch
  • IPF 900 Lights - AEV favorite - Tough and Reliable
  • Interco 39.5x13.50R17 SuperSwamper IROK tires
  • Hutchinson Rock Monster wheels - Custom made and painted AEV Argent. Wheels feature a double bead lock and are DOT approved.
  • Yeasu 8900R HAM Radio with Diamond CR8900A antenna
  • Factory Navigation System
  • Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 running Garmin EnRoute Software in back, Panasonic PDRC touch screen in front with wireless keyboard and mouse.
  • Graphics by Russ Fry - Matching the Wrangler paint. A map of the trip superimposed over a sunset picture in Iceland.
Fuel and water tanks
Roof Rack
Rear Winch mount (Warn XD8000)
Integrated Satellite Phone
Running Boards
Additional Interior Storage
On Board Air and Welding

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
i am sure they are still using the stock axles.

that goes to show how strong they are. they are running almost a 40" tire on it. i wonder if they are still trying to turn those with the 3.73 gears

1 - 17 of 17 Posts