Jeep Commander Forum banner

421 - 440 of 538 Posts

·
Administrator
6,288 Posts
My fiancé and I (and the kids) went to a car show and took some pictures. Got some of my truck too :) Realized the fog lamps are out so I guess I am replacing those this week. It is always an adventure :)
Since both of your fog lamps are out - maybe it's a wiring problem somewhere; it seems a little odd that they would both be burnt out; but hey, who knows....anything is possible.

Never a dull moment as an XK owner....LOL.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Drove to work. Rubbish weather.
Odometer hit this landmark.
Das Commander (as she is referred to in this house) has been just fab the last year! No major hassles. Full service. Bit of TLC and another wing mirror. We love her. Want to get some decent tyres when we have the money.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been driving the 23.5 mpg minivan on my 27-mile commute (each way) while my wife drives the 15 mpg Commander (2 miles each way) and it's been that way for a while. A problem is popping up so I drove the Commander around town for a while recently.....wow, what a nice ride! So smooth and quiet and comfortable and solid. I like the mpg I'm getting the other car, but I do miss driving the Commander daily!! Bring on the snow so I have an excuse. :)

·
Administrator
6,288 Posts
I've been driving the 23.5 mpg minivan on my 27-mile commute (each way) while my wife drives the 15 mpg Commander (2 miles each way) and it's been that way for a while. A problem is popping up so I drove the Commander around town for a while recently.....wow, what a nice ride! So smooth and quiet and comfortable and solid. I like the mpg I'm getting the other car, but I do miss driving the Commander daily!! Bring on the snow so I have an excuse. :)
A mini-van or the Commander.....no comparison my friend, gas mileage be damned!! :wink3:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Debated doing my brakes, oil change, or something productive. Instead im enjoying a sunny 70deg day sipping a brew debating taking the kids fishin.

Dont forget to LIVE LIFE!

·
Administrator
6,288 Posts
Debated doing my brakes, oil change, or something productive. Instead im enjoying a sunny 70deg day sipping a brew debating taking the kids fishin.

Dont forget to LIVE LIFE!
Taking the kids fishing is always fun....

·
Registered
15 Posts
MOT and full service, new fluid tor steering, four discs and pads... confirmed appointment for glass replacement as a lovely person went through the rear window with a brick and we have been driving around with gaffa tape...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello guys, haven't been on here in a while. Sorry about your window Loco.

Well, after a while of my "Juju" sitting in the back yard (going on almost a year), due to some ungodly noises (wicked smacking in the engine). I have sent it off to see what was going on. The original engine was replaced back in 2017 with a Jasper, so i only had a couple of months until the 3 year warranty ran out. I just heard back from Jasper the other day. Apparently the lifters in my HEMI have started to come apart on the last HEMI i bought from them. So they are sending another "new" one to me. This will be engine #3 that will be going in my commander. I'd just wash my hands of it and sell it for scrap if i didn't absolutely enjoy this LOVE/HATE relationship we got going on here. :)
20171226_211630.jpg

·
Administrator
6,288 Posts
Hello guys, haven't been on here in a while. Sorry about your window Loco.

Well, after a while of my "Juju" sitting in the back yard (going on almost a year), due to some ungodly noises (wicked smacking in the engine). I have sent it off to see what was going on. The original engine was replaced back in 2017 with a Jasper, so i only had a couple of months until the 3 year warranty ran out. I just heard back from Jasper the other day. Apparently the lifters in my HEMI have started to come apart on the last HEMI i bought from them. So they are sending another "new" one to me. This will be engine #3 that will be going in my commander. I'd just wash my hands of it and sell it for scrap if i didn't absolutely enjoy this LOVE/HATE relationship we got going on here. :) View attachment 41015 View attachment 41015
3rd engine in how many years @Jeep4Life86?

It's good to have you back posting again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just researching and preparing a list to swap my 5.7 dead engine down to a 4.7. Once my list is complete, I will purchase all parts required and get on with the swap so I can once again be driving it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It was last week but I took the beast to Jeep and had the A/C fixed to the tune of $3,500. I was not very happy about it. Looking to get a 2-inch lift kit soon.

·
Administrator
6,288 Posts
It was last week but I took the beast to Jeep and had the A/C fixed to the tune of $3,500. I was not very happy about it. Looking to get a 2-inch lift kit soon.
@Black Betty; Welcome aboard; Please read the New Member Required Reading below and take the time to post an introduction to the forum in the New member Section as directed; Thanks and again, welocme.

·
Registered
52 Posts
3rd engine in how many years @Jeep4Life86?

It's good to have you back posting again.
Bought it back in 2016 with 112,000 original miles, dropped a valve seat in cyl 6 18hrs after I bought it. It sat for about 9 months cause I didn't have the $8K at the time to buy a new HEMI, March of 2017 put a new Jasper in, Sept of 2019 started making the noise I described earlier, and now just this week putting in another new engine due to the lifters coming apart and and rod bearings not being torqued properly. Hope to have the ol girl back this time next week.

So, 3rd engine in 4 years. 2.5 years accumulated driving time. Which in defense of Jeep and Jasper, it wasn't like drove her like an old lady going to church.....LMAO

There was A LOT of WOT....but, it's gotta HEMI in it!

·
Administrator
6,288 Posts
Bought it back in 2016 with 112,000 original miles, dropped a valve seat in cyl 6 18hrs after I bought it. It sat for about 9 months cause I didn't have the $8K at the time to buy a new HEMI, March of 2017 put a new Jasper in, Sept of 2019 started making the noise I described earlier, and now just this week putting in another new engine due to the lifters coming apart and and rod bearings not being torqued properly. Hope to have the ol girl back this time next week.

So, 3rd engine in 4 years. 2.5 years accumulated driving time. Which in defense of Jeep and Jasper, it wasn't like drove her like an old lady going to church.....LMAO

There was A LOT of WOT....but, it's gotta HEMI in it!
I gotcha. That sure sounds like a lot of engines in a pretty short period of time. Only getting 2 1/2 years out of a new or rebuilt Jasper, definitely sounds suspect.

Well, take some pics when you get her up & running again.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Purchased a can of coolant to charge my AC system. Thankfully that appears to get it up and running. Will be keeping any eye on it to see if there is a slow leak or not.

421 - 440 of 538 Posts