Jeep Commander Forum banner

521 - 540 of 582 Posts

·
Administrator
6,472 Posts
Just need a snorkel kit for your Commander and you'll be set, HA
You know honestly, it's a cool thing to have and it looks nice....I just don't like the idea of cutting a big hole in the fender.

I still might break down & do it one day.

·
Registered
81 Posts
A couple weeks ago the wife and I took my Commander out to do our running around. I don't normally have a passenger as we usually taker her 2015 Grand Cherokee out to do our travels. So it had been a while since I had someone in the passenger seat. Getting ready to leave, we found out that the passenger seat belt wouldn't secure into the buckle without pushing in the release button before inserting the belt. So yesterday I ran to the Pull a Part and snagged a seat belt pretensioner. I tested it w/ the buckle there in the yard to make sure it worked first. It only cost $18.00!!

I watched this video regarding how to remove the buckle. Someone in the comments below the video suggested unbolting the seat and leaning it forward enough to remove it. Worked like a charm to get it out of there. Hoping to be a bit more careful on the reinstall!!

Any ideas if the Commander head rests are easily removable?? Think it'll make leaning the seat forward a bit easier.

·
Administrator
15,359 Posts
Any ideas if the Commander head rests are easily removable?? Think it'll make leaning the seat forward a bit easier.
There are threads here on how to remove the headrests. Try the forum's search feature.

·
Administrator
15,359 Posts
@dar124 To answer your head rest question, there are buttons at the base of each head rest stem. One is recessed and one sticks out. They both have to be pressed to remove the head rest.

·
Registered
81 Posts
@dar124 To answer your head rest question, there are buttons at the base of each head rest stem. One is recessed and one sticks out. They both have to be pressed to remove the head rest.

OK, thanks. I thought that's how they were removed. But I had problems removing the one on the seat in the Pull a Part lot. Although that seat could have been damaged or something?? I'll look at mine closer as I'm getting ready to replace the seat belt pretensioner.

·
Registered
142 Posts
So for sometime I thought the Ambient temp was reading a bit higher that it should be so decided to swap out the sensor. Simple enough job, but seems it was reading correctly all along. Temp is the same. Here are some pics

Though is that location ok? Seems pretty close to that AC pipe

·
Registered
142 Posts
Oh while replacing my Ambient temp senor I did notice what appears to be a leak from the radiator. Level seems fine, but what do you guys think? Here is a pic

It may be a little hard to see cause of the shadow, but just on the bottom of the rounded plastic part. This is just below the steel radiator cap

·
Registered
142 Posts
So while taking it easy I was thinking about future mods I could do for my Commander and got to thinking about the instrument cluster. Nothing really around you can do to change that up, but this gave me an idea. The CAN bus, all cars use this system these days and with the a CAN bus shield you can connect to that network and get a live feed of all the code and in doing so you can put together a LCD Instrument cluster. Something like that would really allow a wide range of customization for your flavor and can your Jeep a nice modern touch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Kenwood stereo connected with the iDatalink system has OBD connection that allows for real-time sensor reads. You have to configure the screen for the sensors you want when you initially set up the receiver though so as I've decided I want to try different configs it's meant I'd have to re-setup everything on the stereo, a moderate pain but not too bad.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Oh I want to pull data directly from the CAN bus not the OBD, you get more data from the bus than the OBD like speed or oil presure ect.

521 - 540 of 582 Posts