Jeep Commander Forum banner

561 - 580 of 582 Posts

·
Administrator
15,357 Posts
Built and installed a storage box for the rear. Loads of storage room and keeps the floor relatively flush for the dogs.
Looks good! Great job!

·
Administrator
15,357 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts

·
Administrator
6,472 Posts
Thanks fellas, it's a long story and involved family. The "Red Monster"(named by my wife) made it without a hitch. I never doubted it for a second.:cool:

Big Blue, it's roughly 2200 miles round trip.
@Legofan; That's one heck of a road trip.....I bet it was fun though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
A couple weeks ago the wife and I took my Commander out to do our running around. I don't normally have a passenger as we usually taker her 2015 Grand Cherokee out to do our travels. So it had been a while since I had someone in the passenger seat. Getting ready to leave, we found out that the passenger seat belt wouldn't secure into the buckle without pushing in the release button before inserting the belt. So yesterday I ran to the Pull a Part and snagged a seat belt pretensioner. I tested it w/ the buckle there in the yard to make sure it worked first. It only cost $18.00!!

I watched this video regarding how to remove the buckle. Someone in the comments below the video suggested unbolting the seat and leaning it forward enough to remove it. Worked like a charm to get it out of there. Hoping to be a bit more careful on the reinstall!!

Any ideas if the Commander head rests are easily removable?? Think it'll make leaning the seat forward a bit easier.

View attachment 41258
Finally got around to getting this installed. Was an easy job and only took 15 - 20 minutes. With removing the headrest the seat was able to be pushed forward enough to take the plastic side pieces off and I had no issues removing the seat belt pretensioner. It took a bit longer than removing it in the Pull a Part lot as I was a little more careful with the plastic pieces.

I've cleaned my Commander many times, even had it detailed a few times, but I couldn't believe what was under that seat!!! I was happy to get all that "stuff" cleaned up. When I have a few free minutes I'm going to unbolt the drivers side and push it forward just to vacuum under it!! I feel like it's a bit "fresher" in there now!!

20200806_173338.jpg 20200806_181023.jpg

·
Administrator
15,357 Posts
Finally got around to getting this installed. Was an easy job and only took 15 - 20 minutes. With removing the headrest the seat was able to be pushed forward enough to take the plastic side pieces off and I had no issues removing the seat belt pretensioner. It took a bit longer than removing it in the Pull a Part lot as I was a little more careful with the plastic pieces.

I've cleaned my Commander many times, even had it detailed a few times, but I couldn't believe what was under that seat!!! I was happy to get all that "stuff" cleaned up. When I have a few free minutes I'm going to unbolt the drivers side and push it forward just to vacuum under it!! I feel like it's a bit "fresher" in there now!!
@dar124 Thanks for the update. Your photos were too big so I deleted them and inserted the thumbnails.

Reactions: dar124

·
Administrator
6,472 Posts

View attachment 41475 View attachment 41476
It's amazing what can accumulate in some of these tight, tucked away places in 12-14 years time.

561 - 580 of 582 Posts