Jeep Commander Forum banner
701 - 720 of 740 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Limited 5.7 QDll 145k miles
225 Posts
So... did a little price comparison today on new 2022 Grand Cherokee 4x4s. o_O Just wanted to see what a new model with a Hemi V8 and 4x4 would run. This is what I found JUST checking the 4x4 and 5.7 options only (lesser models don't offer the hemi):

TrailHawk: 60k
OverLand: 62k
Summit: 66k
Summit Reserve: 71k

Again, that's not adding any other option save for 4x4 and the 5.7. Unbelievable! I think I'll hang on to my XK 4x4 5.7 a bit longer.

·
Premium Member
Dallas TX
449 Posts
My brother picked up the 3 row GC recently, had an X3 that puked its timing belt at 80k (BMW offered to pay half of the $14k fix) at least there were no insane markups. the interior is really really nice. and he has the macintosh sound option as well. it seems like funny money though as expensive as they are getting. and dont even stray over to the wagoneers..

Reactions: Arapahoe

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeah, the new GC interiors are really really nice!

Reactions: Stircrayzy

·
Registered
63 Posts
Picked Jeepy up from the garage yesterday.
Passed the MOT and the knocking noises have stopped. There is still a leak on the rear axle where the wheel bearing is. Need this sorted.
Got about 500 yards down the road and the front brake caliper seized. Took it back and they had to order a new one. Another £100.
When I got home I thought, just for a laugh, I would tot up what owning Jeepy has cost me since September 2016... this the the total for the garage labour, serving and the parts that I had invoices for...ready....sit down chaps....

£8700

I kid you not.

·
Premium Member
Dallas TX
449 Posts
621 a year is not the worst i have heard, my brother had a 13 BMW x3 and that was one shop bill! @14 years old these things start to have a lot of wear and tear.

Reactions: Arapahoe

·
Registered
225 Posts
Drove about 500 miles in the Jeep yesterday... Somehow managed to average 19.4 mpg in mixed driving (albeit mostly highway). Sometimes this old rig surprises me.

·
Premium Member
Dallas TX
449 Posts
took the timing chain adventure over to a side thread... good times!

·
Registered
225 Posts
took the timing chain adventure over to a side thread... good times!

Oh, yeah! That is "good times"! o_O

·
Registered
'07 Commander Limited - 5.7L, Steel Blue
39 Posts
Do you still have the Commander? If so, how's the Supreme Suspensions lift 2.5 lift?
I'm looking and may install in mine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So....finally got the garage to fit the replacement wheel bearing hub with a better quality one.
What do you know - the cheap Chinese one does have a leak where the axle slots into it. They popped it on the ground face down and filled the hole where the axle goes with oil and it seeped out in a few minutes. Going to see if the dealer I got it from will offer a refund or credit note.
Got the front and rear diff fluid & additives changed and the transfer case fluid replaced and on the way home it actually sounded like...nothing was wrong...for a change..
I hope not to see them for 12 months.....some chance. Be safe fellas.

·
Premium Member
Dallas TX
449 Posts
i put 60 joyous miles driving around the city loop after the timing chain [email protected] too! pretty happy right now.

have a oil pressure sender issue but that is an easy one.. going to add a set of gauges with that..

·
Registered
63 Posts
LOL I SPOKE TOO SOON!
Two of the TPMS sensors have been dead for about 6 months. I managed to pick up 4 MOPAR ones for about £60 uk and they have been rattling around in the boot for months. Took it to the tyre place this morning and they swapped all 4 valves and sensors out for £20. The guy said that the rear drivers hub and callipers and wheel are covered in diff oil - so its looks like the other cheap hub has failed.
Back to the garage on monday and I imagine ANOTHER £200 in parts and labour.
Lesson learned.
Its a JEEP thing, right?

·
Registered
225 Posts
So....finally got the garage to fit the replacement wheel bearing hub with a better quality one.
What do you know - the cheap Chinese one does have a leak where the axle slots into it. They popped it on the ground face down and filled the hole where the axle goes with oil and it seeped out in a few minutes. Going to see if the dealer I got it from will offer a refund or credit note.
Got the front and rear diff fluid & additives changed and the transfer case fluid replaced and on the way home it actually sounded like...nothing was wrong...for a change..
I hope not to see them for 12 months.....some chance. Be safe fellas.

I replaced all 4 of my Wheel Hub Assemblies (not just the bearings) around 15k miles ago... I think I used/ordered Moog parts. No problems whatsoever. Good luck!!

Reactions: stupops

·
Registered
63 Posts
I replaced all 4 of my Wheel Hub Assemblies (not just the bearings) around 15k miles ago... I think I used/ordered Moog parts. No problems whatsoever. Good luck!!
I think you can only do the entire assembly here on the UK versions. It comes as a big 'bolt on' and the axle just fits in once its all bolted back on (plus that stupid rubber o ring). They did the front ones as they were making a noise. They were from china but the guy who imports has a good reputation for Jeep parts. No problems whatsoever. Then I got a different set for the rear and its been a nightmare.
I will have to get another blueprint one (about £140) and try and get the others refunded.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think you can only do the entire assembly here on the UK versions. It comes as a big 'bolt on' and the axle just fits in once its all bolted back on (plus that stupid rubber o ring). They did the front ones as they were making a noise. They were from china but the guy who imports has a good reputation for Jeep parts. No problems whatsoever. Then I got a different set for the rear and its been a nightmare.
I will have to get another blueprint one (about £140) and try and get the others refunded.

I couldn't just replace the bearings in mine either... the assemblies were around 100 or 125$ US each. I just decided to replace them myself and save on labor. Only took about 4 or 5 hours.

·
Registered
2006 4.7L Sport, QT-II 4WD
225 Posts
I replaced my Rear Wheel Speed Sensor's a couple days ago. About a year ago I had the the ABS / ESP / BAS, traction control lights and "Service Four Wheel Drive System" message on the dash. I replaced the Front Wheel Speed Sensor's at that time and everything was good. But a couple weeks ago while finishing up a work trip, the lights came on again. Over the past couple of weeks, the lights would go off and then come back on. So I figured the rear sensors were now having issues. I picked up a couple and finally got a free day to tackle this!!

It was a bit different than replacing the fronts. They were easier to access, just removing the tire I was able to get to them (as opposed to needing to remove the front caliper and caliper bracket for the fronts). But the sensor part that goes in the car was longer, so it was more complicated to remove the rears. Ended up using a flat head screw driver and hammer to pry it out a bit. Then moved on to channel locks to work the sensor back and forth and added the hammer back in tapping on the channel locks as I held the sensor.

And then since I was right there I swapped rear break pads as I have the lifetime warranty on them. It's been a couple days and the lights have not been on. So, hoping I got this taken care of!!

Shipping box Packing materials Rectangle Wood Carton

Automotive tire Wood Automotive wheel system Trunk Tints and shades

Automotive tire Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

Brown Wood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Door

Wood Automotive tire Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part

701 - 720 of 740 Posts