761 - 768 of 768 Posts

·
Registered
2006 4.7L
167 Posts
Installed Weather Tech floor mats.
Front, rear and cargo area.
Drivers has a place for the hook to go and seems solid
Passenger side can move forward some, which causes the tunnel side to bow in slightly.
Rears are one piece that covers the tunnel too.
Cargo has a raised lip all around, seems snug, not much movement.
Already had the Mopar rear cover that also covers the back of the seat since day one.

·
Registered
2006 Commander Limited 4.7 127,000 miles
21 Posts
Last week I installed Mr. Gasket spring boosters and 1" rubber blocks hoping to level the front end and smooth out the ride over washboard roads and rough pavement. Wow what a difference I got the exact results that I was hoping for. Raised the front by over 1inch, now within 1/2" of the rear (was almost 2" difference before), but best of all it really smoothed out my ride over rough surfaces. Over time my springs must have softened some and the newer front struts could only do so much for the ride.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Synthetic rubber
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Vehicle

·
Registered
06 _ 5.7L _QD2 _ 142k _ 5100s 2.5" _ 265x70x17 _ stock wheels
322 Posts
Hate to break it to ya, but those rubber blocks are gonna eject at some point. Keep an eye on them. Youdve been better of with a strut spacer or something solid.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was looking to improve my ride and give a little leveling lift and this has accomplished that goal. A strut spacer would not have helped my ride at all. I will need to replace the springs eventually, so the rubber spring buffers and blocks are just until I am ready to make that move. I am aware that the rubber blocks will probably come loose at some time (replacing just $16) and to help avoid that, they are double zip-tied in as are the buffers. For now I have the ride and the rake that I desired so I am fine with that.

Reactions: Stircrayzy

·
Administrator
8,296 Posts
Hate to break it to ya, but those rubber blocks are gonna eject at some point. Keep an eye on them. Youdve been better of with a strut spacer or something solid.
Yep;

I think a simple spacer lift, would have been the way to go.

That would have leveled you out with a more permanent solution and they're cheap enough.

Not $16.00, but, still fairly cheap.

But hey, different strokes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yep;

I think a simple spacer lift, would have been the way to go.

That would have leveled you out with a more permanent solution and they're cheap enough.

Not $16.00, but, still fairly cheap.

But hey, different strokes.
From what I read the spacer lift may not buffer my springs. Right now I have the ride that I was hoping for, later I will need to research whether a spacer lift or spring change will get me the ride and lift that I have now. I have newer struts but my ride on washboard roads and pavement in poor condition made for a very uncomfortable ride at times, so trying to get the springs and struts to work together for the best ride.

·
Administrator
8,296 Posts
From what I read the spacer lift may not buffer my springs. Right now I have the ride that I was hoping for, later I will need to research whether a spacer lift or spring change will get me the ride and lift that I have now. I have newer struts but my ride on washboard roads and pavement in poor condition made for a very uncomfortable ride at times, so trying to get the springs and struts to work together for the best ride.
@fshnbob ;

A spacer lift maintains the stock ride quality, because all of the stock suspension components are still being used, if that makes sense.

A typical spacer lift, like the 2 inch Rough Country Lift, will raise you up about 2 inches & level you out. and get rid of the nose-down rake, that most people don't seem to care for.

Last time I checked, it was less than $200.00

761 - 768 of 768 Posts