Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get rid of my 24 inch rims that I had on the commander and go with a new lift and wheels and tires. First of all, I was trying to find where in the forum I read about how much lift each individual kit gives you after it settles can you help me out? I want to go with the best 2-3.5 inch lift.

I really want to go with some 18 inch kmc rockstar wheels wrapped with a 275/65/18 toyo open country m/t. Now that tire is is just over 32 inches in diameter and 10.82 inches wide. You guys think it will fit?

It might help to add that when I had put the 24's on 2 years ago, I had a shop shave down the bolt on top of the ball joint to get them to fit.

·
Registered
809 Posts
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/album.php?albumid=200&pictureid=1313

Here is a picture of my 275/60/17's with a 1.5" wheel spacer. This size is about 1.05" smaller at the edge than what you're looking at (30 vs 32.1), but may give you a rough estimate on the space you're working with. When I took the spacer off the tire just barely cleared the UCA bolt. I think you could make it work, but it would be close and maybe not a quick swap.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot for that pic, I think I should have no problem clearing the bolt since its ground down, my old tires were about 12 inches wide and it fit with no spacers.

I noticed your out of lawrence, so am I man im living on campus going to school at KU, ill keep a look out for your commander

So now the only problem is that it looks like the toyo open country doesn't come in that size, can you guys give me some ideas for a similar tire? I really mostly wanted the mt for the aggresive look but my truck is definitely mostly on road and I dont want anything too loud or not good on highways, and do the rest of you think I can fit that size?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks alot for that pic, I think I should have no problem clearing the bolt since its ground down, my old tires were about 12 inches wide and it fit with no spacers.
Since you did not have factory rims when you said this It's not so much how wide the tire is it's the backspacing on the rim that keeps it from rubbing on the inside. If you get the right backspacing it's like having a wheel spacer on already. Just thought i'd throw that in there.
Good Luck

·
Registered
809 Posts
I noticed your out of lawrence, so am I man im living on campus going to school at KU, ill keep a look out for your commander

I usually take the more fuel-efficient Pontiac up to class, but every once in a while I'll break out the Jeep (like if there's no chance of rain). I'll keep an eye out for yours too- not many around town with our E&G/tinted light combo! What wheels do you have on there now?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sent you a pm kansas,

Anybody ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts