14,939 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts

·
Banned
71 Posts
I'm concidering..

The husky line of floor mat and cargo liners.. But I happen to think about the spare "floor" mats that I bought from Walmart (online). These mats are made of a foam rubber and connect like 2' x 2' puzzle peaces.

Sure these mats may not stop bottles of other goods in the back from floating around.. But one thing. If your dogs are up and about, and you come to a stop.. the dogs nails will dig into the carpet (if unprotected) thus ripping or taring away.

Not even sure the mats detentions would work in the back of the Commander.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Jones13 - you might want to look at one of those canvas liners that cover up the floor, back of the seats and sides of the cargo area. I think the brand is Canvasback?

OurJeepLife - I actually have done just what you describe. I bought an anti-fatigue mat from Sears that's in sections that fit together like a puzzle, put it together and then cut out an area the right size to cover the cargo area with the back seats up. I rather prefer Husky or Weathertech, but this has served well - for just $12.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I would need one with sides .. as of now I have gravel and sticks falling in between the seats

·
Banned
71 Posts
WebJones..

Great to have known this, yet its good for us, serves as a duel purpose. First as the cargo area.. then as a tent pad while camping.. Seems we stumbled on this one year when camping. My back went out after a long day at the local gem mine (lifting heavy buckets of rocks) we headed over to the Walmart and found the golds gym pads, and bought about 4 packs.. laying them down inside (can be outside under the tent too) we connected the pads.. For a more comfortable surface to sleep on.. Wasn't sure it would work, but it did offer a thermal barrier thus keeping the tent warm on those cool nights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts