Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
~~2008 Overland 5.7 HEMI~~
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Automotive design Computer keyboard Automotive exterior Personal computer

On another forum this was asked and the answer posted sorta blows my mind. I have been meaning to inquire about this little thing for a long time. Is this really what it does?? And if so HOW?! Can someone explain it like I’m 5 please?

Rectangle Organism Font Smile Circle

Because just recently I was thinking how amazingly perfect the auto temp setting is. I keep it there all the time and I swear- it’s magic. I am perfectly acclimated at all times while driving- always without fail. And this is life changing for me, lol, for real. I am impossible to “temper”.

Honestly I’ve been a little afraid to find out how it does it or if it’s just in my mind cuz it just makes me so damn happy I don’t wanna f up its mojo. ✨ But I’ve never heard of such athing. Is this guy for real? Cuz if so… mind blown

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,199 Posts
I think it only works if you have the two knobs, fan and outlet in Full Auto position.

Reactions: LunaSea831

·
Administrator
16,135 Posts
@LunaSea831 This is all covered in the Owner's Manual.

Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern Circle

Font Material property Number Document Circle

Font Material property Symmetry Publication Document

·
Registered
16 Posts
View attachment 42989
On another forum this was asked and the answer posted sorta blows my mind. I have been meaning to inquire about this little thing for a long time. Is this really what it does?? And if so HOW?! Can someone explain it like I’m 5 please?

View attachment 42990

Because just recently I was thinking how amazingly perfect the auto temp setting is. I keep it there all the time and I swear- it’s magic. I am perfectly acclimated at all times while driving- always without fail. And this is life changing for me, lol, for real. I am impossible to “temper”.

Honestly I’ve been a little afraid to find out how it does it or if it’s just in my mind cuz it just makes me so damn happy I don’t wanna f up its mojo. ✨ But I’ve never heard of such athing. Is this guy for real? Cuz if so… mind blown

It is just like how an infrared temperature probe or a infrared thermometer works. Almost everything that is hot radiates some of its heat as infrared light. Think about when you heat up a piece of metal and it becomes "red hot" and starts to glow. The same thing, just a different light frequency. So, unlike a red-hot metal, we radiate ight in infrared range of the electromagnetic spectrum. So, while this light is invisible to human eyes, it is visible to cameras. In fact just to block this most cameras would have infrared filters, in order to capture the light only in visible frequency range (or wavelength if you prefer). This is basically what FLIR cameras etc. does.

So, our nice Commanders take this image, determines how shiny we are within infrared spectrum combines this data with ambient temperature sensor's data, cabin temperature sensor and light sensor data and a voila! It knows how to cool us down! (or warm us up)

Our old Jeeps are really amazing!

Reactions: LunaSea831

·
Registered
~~2008 Overland 5.7 HEMI~~
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
💖Damn💖

1 - 5 of 5 Posts