Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this 06 commander with 46,000 miles on it friday and monday the check engine light comes on and today the transmissioin locks in 1st gear on my wifes way to work. Its the 3.7l V6

the mechanic comes out and resets the codes and drives it to the dealership

what could cause this

should i RUN FAST AND FAR FROM THE COMMANDER

What is the warentee on these things

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Higgins11 said:
3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
depending on the state, there is always a implied warranty. reasonable belief the vehicle will run....dealer doent need bad press or publicity......so they will probably help out in the beginning. Did you get a warranty with the vehicle? If not you should.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I think it should be a quick easy fix. The seller is obviously responsible for the issue. Based on what you have described it is probably not a mechanical issue but an electrical/sensor issue. My first thought is that it is a fluke, however I would make a point of keeping a close eye on it for the first couple maintainace periods.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Higgins11 said:
I just bought this 06 commander with 46,000 miles on it friday and monday the check engine light comes on and today the transmissioin locks in 1st gear on my wifes way to work. Its the 3.7l V6

the mechanic comes out and resets the codes and drives it to the dealership

what could cause this

should i RUN FAST AND FAR FROM THE COMMANDER

I think the extended warranty can be bought up to 48,000 miles.

However, I do believe it is still the three years.

It may be in your interest if you are planning on keeping the vehicle and have concerns to look into the extended warranties from chryslerwarrantys.com (or any seller) and find out if you are still within your purchase limit (a quick VIN check will give you the answer).

Good Luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an 2006. I bought it with 30,000 km on it. When I bought it through one of the Chrysler Dealerships, I was given the option of getting a full warranty up to 160, 000 km. I have the Commander since April 2007 and had to get the transfer case replaced once. So currently have 104, 000 km on it now. Tons of highway driving, I figure the warranty will last about another year. This is in Saskatchewan Canada. Dealership in Regina.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts