Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm new to this forum. Have owned several Jeep in the past. 86CJ, 88 Grand Wagoner, and several TJ's.

Just bought a 2007 Commander Limited with 4.7 Flexfuel and 2wd.

I have a bunch of question about this Jeep. Hope y'all can help.

First of all. What is all this stuff hanging from my rear view mirror area?

·
Registered
65 Posts
The piece on the glass is for the rain sensitive wipers and the part on the mirror is the auto dimming stuff. Don't know why its so big when GM integrates it into the mirror.

·
2,248 Posts
It is big because there are several things in that unit that looks like just a rear view mirror.

It contains the camera that catches the video on a loop that can be used for accident investigation. It also provides the input to dim you brights when on automatic dim. The bluetooth for your phone is also in there also.

Not all Commanders may have these functions but I do know that some do.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah, the fat box at the back of the mirror mount is the Auto high-beam (Smart Beam) sensor unit. The rain sensor, like mentioned is the little guy on the glass. Otherwise it's your standard auto dimming mirror with possible UConnect which really doesn't take up much extra space.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm shocked and amazed you haven't yet heard from Jeep5323; he knows everything there is to know about jeep commanders.

He recently told us so. :lookaround:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm shocked and amazed you haven't yet heard from Jeep5323; he knows everything there is to know about jeep commanders.

He recently told us so. :lookaround:
I understand you had a disagreement in another post, but trash talking another member in a unrelated post in uncalled for.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I understand you had a disagreement in another post, but trash talking another member in a unrelated post in uncalled for.
Hey, c'mon.... funny's funny.... no matter where it happens. :boink:

I see absolutely no trash-talking.... it's a direct quote!

However.... hijacking this thread for my own amusement is probably not right.... so I'll tuck my smirk back away for another day.
Thanks for calling me out though. Sometimes I need it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts