Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the recomendation for the kind of winch line to have. I like the looks and the idea of the rope but not sure if that is the best one to go with. Also how do you use the snatch blocks that I here people talk aobut?

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I like the rope but it is too pricey for me. I have the stock steel winch line on my 12k milemarker, but have never used it and hope to not need it. On my ATV I also run the steel lines but again it is because I am cheap, it is cheaper for me to buy a new 3k winch for $100 then buy a new line for it and then I have parts for when I break them (I have 2 winches on my ATV). The only problem that I have is that when it starts to fray the line is done, it is heavy, and it will recoil when the line breaks. If you use your winch all the time then when you need to change the line and can swing the rope then get it (don't for get to change the fairlead out to). If you use it rarely then I would stick with the cable, but that is me.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts

·
1,993 Posts
A snatch block will double your winch pulling power. Today at Uwharrie we had a guy hung up real bad and we maxed out the winch it couldn't pull him off. We threw a snatch block on and the same winch had no issues pulling him off. Unless your racing dude were weight and pull speed and all that means a lot save your money. Most people use there winches a couple times a year and thats the guys who a lot off road no need for all the crazy stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts