Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been reading alot on here and have read many con's and pro's aout a few different suspension spacer lifts and tire sizes and wheel spacers

i don't want to run spacers...like the stock wheels...want a moderately bigger tire somewhere around 30-31"...broke it down in the tire calculator on miata.net, pretty sure they will fit without rubbing on stock wheels, my question is...what kit is more prodominatly purchased and ran with what tire sizes by the forum members here on jeepcommander.com

all input would be apreciated...thanks

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Have you read the stickies in this section? There is a poll on tires and lifts and there is a FAQ post related as well.

My impression is that people are generally pleased with whichever lift they purchased and installed. I bought Rusty's used from another forum member who was going another direction. Otherwise I would have gotten BDS, mostly because it is made in my home state of Michigan.

I think your tire size plans make sense. I think the 255/70/17 would be a good choice (31") or a 245/70/17 (30.5). Check the sticky on FAQ but I think both would work without wheel spacers and without trimming.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have read the sticky's but i am unsure of what one to purchase...that's why i am asking for some help on this to make sure the kit i buy is worth the money

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Well, I'm happy with Rusty's 2 inch lift.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I am thrilled with my Rocky Road.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Well, what did I say, most people a happy, maybe even thrilled, with whatever they put on. But kidding aside, some, like mine, use a polyurethane spacer for the rear and some use steel. You might want to check out the steel ones, whichever they are. But no problems with mine.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I had a Rock Krawler then switched to a Rough Country. Just to do it. Both are fine lifts and easy to install. Rock Krawler keeps the front end lower while the Rough Country is close to level.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Yep, just do it. There was a partial lift kit for sale recently, for a decent price. Check the For sale/Want to Buy parts section. It would save you some money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts