Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1J8HG58N36C302507-16.jpg

Can anyone tell me what radio this is? It has an aux jack on the lower left. The pic is from a 2006 limited and if it has Satellite radio?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
There are three letters (they are very small) near the bottom of the right hand knob. What do they say ?

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Oh, yeah, you don't have it yet. I thought you could go out and look at it. Anyway, those three letters are the model code for the unit. Not sure if all Limited's had sirius, but I would think so.

·
Banned
115 Posts
:weed:Sales code REF - AM/FM/CD (SINGLE DISC) Radio with optional satellite and hands free calling. Easiest away to tell if it has satellite radio factory installed is look for the antenna.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
After doing some research on the internet I believe that is the REF unit.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the REF the bottom of the barrel? Single disk? i'm shocked that it has an aux input from 06, thats pretty progressive for that time period...

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
REF radio

AM/FM stereo
Integrated single-disc CD player
Electronically tuned
Sirius Satellite radio capability
12 AM/12 FM station presets
Hands-free phone capability with factory UConnect system
Ignition-off disc ejection capability
Vehicle entertainment systems (VES) capability (headphones only)
Bass, treble, balance, and fade control through on-screen menu
Auxiliary audio input jack (newer models)
66 Watts total power at 3% total harmonic distortion

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I made a picture of the REF radio in my dad's 2007 WK. This is the single disk radio with AUX. I beleive this is the exact same model installed in all 2006 & 2007 WK's and XK's.
As is, it only has CD, normal Radio and AUX. I think you can buy a Sirius radio package (http://www.justforjeeps.com/ausisarasy2.html).

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
For some reason not all of the REF radios had the AUX input.

·
Banned
115 Posts
:2232censored:Could it be that then it becomes a different radio? I mean I guess we could call all of them REF, just don't tell anyone!

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
:2232censored:Could it be that then it becomes a different radio? I mean I guess we could call all of them REF, just don't tell anyone!
No, the only difference is the Aux jack. It was still called the REF.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, it is an REF with aux jack, it has uconnect in the rear view and sirius puck antenna on roof and Sat box under rear seat. The Sat radio is stuck on channel 184 and no sound. AM/FM work fine, Do i just need to activate the radio or do you guys think there is something wrong with the head unit?

·
Banned
115 Posts
Ok, it is an REF with aux jack, it has uconnect in the rear view and sirius puck antenna on roof and Sat box under rear seat. The Sat radio is stuck on channel 184 and no sound. AM/FM work fine, Do i just need to activate the radio or do you guys think there is something wrong with the head unit?
Activate it

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Yes, I believe you need to activate the service. See this thread---> http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?p=162573

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
NLAN said:
Here is another thread for you---> Satellite_Radio_Q_&_A_(Have_a_Satellite_question,_check_here_first)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts