Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 jeep commander, about 85k on the clock. My parents were having financial troubles so i had to buy one through a dealer called drive time. I know im paying way to much, but i NEEDED a car. The car is literally in immaculate condition, no rust, the underside of the car is completely clean, tires are brand new, no weird sounds, and perfect interior. I was just wondering what kind of things i should have done to it as far as servicing or maitenance, due to it having 85k and me just getting it. Thanks~!

·
1,993 Posts
I would just change all the fluids to be sure it's all done and catch up on the maintenance pretty much treat like nothing was ever done. Trans, TC, front and rear diff, radiator, plugs and a few other random things. Give the breaks a good inspection just give the jeep an all around good inspection. All the info you need for fluid type is listed here on the forum you didn't list which drive system you have so.....

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I just bought a 2006 jeep commander, about 85k on the clock. My parents were having financial troubles so i had to buy one through a dealer called drive time. I know im paying way to much, but i NEEDED a car...
This really sounds like you did NOT make a very good finicial decision. Maybe the first thing you should look into is figuring out if you made a mistake and what you can do to correct it and fix it as best you can. Can you return the vehicle, are you still within any state law required buyer remorse period? Can you find another finicial institution that can take over the finiancing at a lower rate?

If you need a car, and have money trouble, there are many more less expensive options than a Jeep Commander, you know the gas mileage on these things are half what a cheap economic sedan will provide you?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This really sounds like you did NOT make a very good finicial decision. Maybe the first thing you should look into is figuring out if you made a mistake and what you can do to correct it and fix it as best you can. Can you return the vehicle, are you still within any state law required buyer remorse period? Can you find another finicial institution that can take over the finiancing at a lower rate?

If you need a car, and have money trouble, there are many more less expensive options than a Jeep Commander, you know the gas mileage on these things are half what a cheap economic sedan will provide you?
get off my thread, a**h***. you dont know me at all. 1) i dont drive crappy cars, and neither does anyone else in my family. call me spoiled or selfish, i dont care thats just me. 2) just because its got 85k, doesnt meAn anything, its probably in better condition than your xk. 3) i needed :eek:rder:a big car because i surf and wakeboard a lot, therefore i have to have something that i can tow a boat with and something to put my boards in. 4) i know what gas is like, i go to school full time, and work full time and i make anout 3k a month. its MORE than enough money to pay for my car and have plenty of saving/spending money. 4) also, the dealer i got my car through, it came with a 36000 mile warranty that covers EVERYTHING, free oil changes for 3 years, road side assistance and a anti theft gps. i also drive no more than 9000 miles a year. im always gona by a yamaha fz6r in the next month too. you gonna b**** about that too? yeah next time think before you post. thanks.:eek:rder:

·
Registered
76 Posts
WOW!!!! Someone's a little sensitive, Im a surfer bro, I that explains it all!!!!!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW!!!! Someone's a little sensitive, Im a surfer bro, I that explains it all!!!!!!
im not sensitive, its just people like him piss me off.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
get off my thread, a**h***. you dont know me at all. 1) i dont drive crappy cars, and neither does anyone else in my family. call me spoiled or selfish, i dont care thats just me. 2) just because its got 85k, doesnt meAn anything, its probably in better condition than your xk. 3) i needed :eek:rder:a big car because i surf and wakeboard a lot, therefore i have to have something that i can tow a boat with and something to put my boards in. 4) i know what gas is like, i go to school full time, and work full time and i make anout 3k a month. its MORE than enough money to pay for my car and have plenty of saving/spending money. 4) also, the dealer i got my car through, it came with a 36000 mile warranty that covers EVERYTHING, free oil changes for 3 years, road side assistance and a anti theft gps. i also drive no more than 9000 miles a year. im always gona by a yamaha fz6r in the next month too. you gonna b**** about that too? yeah next time think before you post. thanks.:eek:rder:
:twak:I'm NOT the one that opened my post with my family finicial woes and paying to much for a vehicle. A little word of advice, you don't want finicial advice, don't post about finicial woes and spending too much money and next time you'll think before you post. thanks.:eusa_dance:

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
:twak:I'm NOT the one that opened my post with my family finicial woes and paying to much for a vehicle. A little word of advice, you don't want finicial advice, don't post about finicial woes and spending too much money and next time you'll think before you post. thanks.:eusa_dance:
He wasn't asking for financial advice. He was asking for maintenance advice.:stickpoke:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

my parets make plenty of money. by "financial troubles" i mean my dad is paying for my sisters fully loaded 09 satura aura XR, my moms fully loaded 2010 volkswagen passat 2.0t, and his 2011 toyota tundra crew cab. therefore he cant cosign for me. i went into the navy about 6 months ago as a navy seal, and because of ADHD i was seperated. my parents werent planning on that happening which is why i got in this mess. thanks.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@jepstr67 yeah i know hopefully it turns out the way i want it to!

@jeep5253 thanks for the support lol.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
He wasn't asking for financial advice. He was asking for maintenance advice.:stickpoke:
Yes, apparently all the additional information about fincial woes and paying to much, was false information just to throw us off course.:naughty: Apperantly he NOT a young kid that bought more car than he can afford and doesn't need to consider that decision before getting into more finicial trouble.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
my parets make plenty of money. by "financial troubles" i mean my dad is paying for my sisters fully loaded 09 satura aura XR, my moms fully loaded 2010 volkswagen passat 2.0t, and his 2011 toyota tundra crew cab. therefore he cant cosign for me. i went into the navy about 6 months ago as a navy seal, and because of ADHD i was seperated. my parents werent planning on that happening which is why i got in this mess. thanks.
Ok, I just thought you were gravely insulted I thought you implied you bought more car than you can afford? So what mess have you gotten yourself into? You haven't explained that yet, other than to imply money has something to do with it.

You can afford the car, but you can't afford the maintenance, doesn't sound like it from the last post either?

Or none of this has any bearing what so ever, it was just idle chit chat, you just want maintenance advice on your vehicle? I'm confused?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, apparently all the additional information about fincial woes and paying to much, was false information just to throw us off course.:naughty: Apperantly he NOT a young kid that bought more car than he can afford and doesn't need to consider that decision before getting into more finicial trouble.
can you not read bro? do you not understand that i make 3000 a month going to school full-time? and that i dont pay for any bills except my gym membership and my car? how the hell did i buy more than i can afford? my parents arent stupid, they wouldnt have co signed for me if they didnt think i could pay it. just stop replying, your making yourself sound stupid. and my family has no financial woes. i got 2 sisters and ive been living on a house on the beach in myrtle beach for the last 9 years. never had a problem with paying anything. read my other post. ****.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, I just thought you were gravely insulted I thought you implied you bought more car than you can afford? So what mess have you gotten yourself into? You haven't explained that yet, other than to imply money has something to do with it.

You can afford the car, but you can't afford the maintenance, doesn't sound like it from the last post either?

Or none of this has any bearing what so ever, it was just idle chit chat, you just want maintenance advice on your vehicle? I'm confused?

I never wanted any financial advice, i was telling people how many miles and why i bought it to prevent the s*** talkers like you from saying exactly what you said. i just wanted MAINTENANCE advice. your harderto talk to than a 3 year old.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts