Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Commander Sport. 197K miles.

a few years ago, when my original shocks/struts went bad, I had a 2" body lift installed when i replaced the shocks/struts, front upper control arms and front lower ball joints. I've noticed that the ride is not nearly as smooth as it had been before the original shock/struts went bad, and i'm noticing a lot of squeaks and clunks in the front end and the rear end during my everyday driving on paved roads. At the very least I suspect tie rods and bushings on the lower control arms are shot, or least very worn.

My son is about to to get his license and I'd like to get the commander in as good a condition as possible. Here's my question-

what should I expect to pay to someone like firestone (or other chain tire and alignment garage) to have the lift removed and the tie rods and lower control arms and ball joints replaced? is there anything else I should investigate as to the causes for the squeaks and clunks?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
to follow up, I see on RockAuto that I can get a mevotech front end kit (2 front inner tie rod ends, 2 front outer tie rod ends, 2 front UCA w/ball joints, and 2 LCA w/ball joints for $447.

What should I expect to pay to have these parts installed?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Prolly best to go by Firestone and let them give you a price. If you have some tools, it could be a good father/son project but you would still need an alignment...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts