Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my 2" OME lift kit and I had a few questions about what size offset and backspacing on aftermarket rims would I need to do away with spacers in general. What is the minimum offset and backspacing that I would have to use to fit 265/70/17? One set of rims that I am looking at is 17x9, -12 offset, and a 4.53 backspacing. The other set is 17x8, 0 offset, and a 4.5 backspacing. Would any of these be doable and which one is a better choice going off of these deminsions? The reason I am trying to make sure is because I am most likely going to order these online and I really don't want to run in to any issues. Thank you.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Out of your two wheel options the 17x8 with the 0mm offset is the better size to run. The 17x9 are too wide for a 265 and they are going to stick out beyond your fenders by a decent amount. 17x9 -12mm offset wheels would be better if you had a 4.5" lift or more.

As for the tire size, 265/70R17 should work with your 2" lift but you may need to trim your front fender liners a little. No wheel spacers should be needed if you run the 17x8 0mm offset wheels.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I'm glad someone agrees that a 265mm wide tire is not meant for a 9 inch wide wheel!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about 17x8.5 with +25 offset. I did some research and ran into some members on the forum with that set it with 265/70/17 with no rubbing and no trimming. Thanks for the advice. It's greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Yes you can run that wheel but I personally wouldn't run a 265 on anything wider than an 8 inch wheel. Not sure why everyone wants to run wide wheels with a narrow tire?!?!? The tires provide do protection to the wheel

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes you can run that wheel but I personally wouldn't run a 265 on anything wider than an 8 inch wheel. Not sure why everyone wants to run wide wheels with a narrow tire?!?!? The tires provide do protection to the wheel
That's just the size of the rim that I have picked out is listed as (with the offset, backspacing, and the look that I like) I'm not sure if they come in a smaller width size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts