Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, what does the Jeep brand say to you? To me it says; take me out and drive me hard, I'm tough, and I can take anything this world throws at me.

However, the last four "grown men" who have come in to look at the Commander Hemi's have told me, and I quote, "I need to go discuss this with my wife"... Huh! What the %$#@...

Dude's go buy Toyotas!

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
ranger31 said:
Ok, what does the Jeep brand say to you? To me it says; take me out and drive me hard, I'm tough, and I can take anything this world throws at me.

However, the last four "grown men" who have come in to look at the Commander Hemi's have told me, and I quote, "I need to go discuss this with my wife"... Huh! What the %$#@...

Dude's go buy Toyotas!
So what exactly are you trying to say?

I didn't ask my wife before I bought my 4Runner:D

·
Registered
137 Posts
I asked my wife before I bought the Commander. She wanted another Grand Cherokee. I bought the Commander. But I did ask her.

·
Registered
274 Posts
This Commander was bought for my wife. I'm thinking seriously about selling our 02 GC, giving my Liberty to my son, and getting me a new Commander. The product sells it self!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
My wife and I consult on all large purchases. She did, however, test drive it and thereafter approved it as a substitute for her minivan if it broke down and we needed to haul the same amount of kids/gear on a trip. She was impressed with the way it drove - more like her minivan as opposed to my ZJ.

·
Registered
50 Posts
ranger31 said:

Dude's go buy Toyotas!
Ever see the Simpsons episode where Homer buys the Komatsu truck?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I kind of thought this would get some fun reactions...:D No offense TR4, I just picked Toyota because it came to mind first... Glad to see that nobody ganged up on me too bad.

·
Registered
77 Posts
... I proposed several choices and knowing her, she fell for the Commander as planned. The trick is to elegantly chose alternatives, that are not truly options :)
Only now, I drive her car and she drives "my" Commander ;) ...

·
Registered
33 Posts
My wife didn't consult me when she bought her Suburban Z71 when I was in Afghanistan and I didn't consult her when I bought my Commander. I found out about the Suburban when a buddy of mine e-mail me a picture of it to my Army AKO account:eek: . She found out about the Commander when I drove up in the driveway with it:p .

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Truth be told, my wife made me bring back a Wrangler that I bought back in 2000 because she didn't like the color... Just imagine the crap I took from the guys at work!...

·
Registered
396 Posts
I guess I am pretty lucky. My wife never complains about my vehicle choices. We work together on her vehicle choice for her driver, but for me, I can do whatever I want within reason (vehicle wise).

·
Registered
401 Posts
I had to consult my wife first, but only to get the checkbook from her!

·
Premium Member
12,558 Posts
Just found this old thread, My wife didn't care. I bought her a brand new PT Cruiser when they first came out and I told het that when the time came for me to get a new car, I would just go get it. Always said I was getting a Hummer, glad I went with the XK

·
Registered
72 Posts
Um, although I consulted with my Husband regarding the financial aspect of the purchase, the Commander choice was all mine, although he wasn't too unhappy with the choice :D Not much he could say after purchasing an '06 Rubicon 3 months earlier.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am so amused by this. I told my husband I needed to borrow the car one day and went out shopping for a new car. He had no idea what was going on. I even got him to clean it up for me. In the end I had final prices and payment as well as insurnace for 6 months for several vehicles before I even showed him anything. He discovered I was shopping on Friday and we bought the jeep on Sat. morning. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I traded in my 2000 Cherokee on my 37th birthday. My wife loved the XK so much I didn't think I would ever get it back. Her only complaint was that it seemed a little big for her. 2 weeks later I bought her a new grand cherokee. the XK is all mine now - well, the Lab's too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts