Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on buying Nitto Terra Grapplers within the next week or two and i'm still trying to decide which size to go with. I plan on installing the rough country 2" lift beforehand. Reading the description about the rough country lift it says recommended tire size is 265 and i'm running stock right now which is 245. I don't want to rub and I don't want to install spacers. I also want to go with a taller tire. Right now mine are 65 and I was thinking the max I could go is 70?

Currently on 245/65/17 and i'm looking to go to 265/70/17. Would this be a good fit or will it be a tight squeeze?

I was already planning on just getting the terra grapplers in 245/65/17 but it's not much more to upgrade it looks like. I don't do any major off roading but I do want something that can get me through sticky situations no problem.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm planning on buying Nitto Terra Grapplers within the next week or two and i'm still trying to decide which size to go with. I plan on installing the rough country 2" lift beforehand. Reading the description about the rough country lift it says recommended tire size is 265 and i'm running stock right now which is 245. I don't want to rub and I don't want to install spacers. I also want to go with a taller tire. Right now mine are 65 and I was thinking the max I could go is 70?

Currently on 245/65/17 and i'm looking to go to 265/70/17. Would this be a good fit or will it be a tight squeeze?

I was already planning on just getting the terra grapplers in 245/65/17 but it's not much more to upgrade it looks like. I don't do any major off roading but I do want something that can get me through sticky situations no problem.

I say go for the 265/70's.

I have 265/70/17 NTG's on JK rims (same width and backspacing as stock XK wheels) and only get a slight rub at full turns on uneven surfaces. I plan to trim the plastic to fix the slight rubbing. I haven't taking it off road yet or disconnected the sway bars.

For the UCA bolt it has enough space to clear the tire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts