Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Intake and exhaust

You know there will be some aftermarket cold air intakes and some nice aftermarket exhausts for the Commander coming out soon. I wonder if any of these type mods will work correctly with the Mulitidisplacement Engine feature on the Hemi?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Re: Intake and exhaust

I've done both and have experienced no problems. I've increased fuel economy and engine response by doing a home made air intake and installing a MAGNAFLOW cat-back exhaust system.

·
Registered
128 Posts

INTREPER said:
I've done both and have experienced no problems. I've increased fuel economy and engine response by doing a home made air intake and installing a MAGNAFLOW cat-back exhaust system.
On youre commander already?

·
Registered
77 Posts

pac said:
On youre commander already?
Yes. I made the intake on my own, and had Magnaflow use my Jeep for R&D. K&N's cold air intake should be out with in another 2 months, but am not sure on the Magnaflow kit. I'll tell you this much, the Hemi likes to breath!!! This magnaflow kit is the best ever. PLenty of sound from the engine to make it sound tough. But not loud enough inside to drive you crazy, and specially no dronning. They did a great job.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Gibson Exhaust and AEM Brute Force CAI

Well, I took the plunge and ordered my new Gibson exhaust and AEM Brute Force Cold Air Intake. I hope to have it by next week. I will take pictures of before and after and of course let everyone know of the increases of both hp and mileage.:D :D

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Re: Gibson Exhaust and AEM Brute Force CAI

I too just ordered the AEM Brute Force, What made you go with the Gibson over the Magna Flow or Borla?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Re: Gibson Exhaust and AEM Brute Force CAI

I chose the Gibson over the Borla and Magnaflow as it seems to have the most HP and Torque gain over the other 2. I will know for sure when I receive it and install it probally next weekend(Sunday). I will of course post pictures of the process so everyone can see and let you know about the sound. :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey guys/gals if you had to choose between doing your CAI or exhaust as your first mod what would you do?

I have to take baby steps so Im wondering what to do first.

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I did the intake first because it was an easier DIY, cheaper, and to get a modest sound difference before going for the full exhaust. I haven't heard of any performance or technical reason to do one before the other, though.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I did the intake first because it was an easier DIY, cheaper, and to get a modest sound difference before going for the full exhaust. I haven't heard of any performance or technical reason to do one before the other, though.
what intake? homemade? directions?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I too did the intake first for the listed reasons.

·
Registered
401 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you follow through with the homemade CAI, could you post some pics?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Exactly how and why I did. I felt a performance difference with each and fuel mileage was up with each as well. Haags, how do you like the Borla exhaust? My magnaflow is pretty mild sounding.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts